Rocky Mountain S2000 Owners Rocky Mountain Owners Club including Colorado

Rocky Mountain VAFC Club :)

Old 04-14-2002, 10:22 AM
pfb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rocky Mountain VAFC Club :)

I now have my VAFC, my custom harness, and even the little plastic bezel thingy. All sitting on my shelf.

Who still has VAFC's they are waiting to install?

Who still has VAFC's installed but not tuned?

Who has VAFC's installed, tuned and happy who want's to share your wisdom?

I'd be happy to host a tech day soon to do the VAFC physical install, and participate in some shared dyno time or a VAFC dyno day somewhere as well.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a VAFC not installed or tuned ... waiting to get my harness back.

I'd definately be interested in a install/tuning day!
Old 04-14-2002, 09:24 PM

I have my VAFC installed but not tuned. But if we have 5 people we can get 8 hours of tuning for $500.00 That is actually a great price only $100 per person. I am sure that we can get 5 cars tuned in 8 hours.
Old 04-15-2002, 06:10 AM
pfb

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kwando
[B]I have my VAFC installed but not tuned.
Old 04-15-2002, 08:35 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kwando
[B]I have my VAFC installed but not tuned.
Old 04-15-2002, 09:44 AM

Here is what I know as far as shops.

Dyno Pro is in Denver. They have a dynojet and I believe they have their a/f meter hooked up now. They charge $500 for 8 hours of tuning. Minimum of 5 cars. 10AM - 7PM, 1 hour lunch. They do not have much experience in tuning Honda's with VAFC's. But I am sure that we can find someone familiar with VAFC's to help us. (FULLTHROTTLE)

PFI is in Fort Collins. They also have a dynojet and I also have heard they have their A/F meter hooks up as well. Same price, not sure if there is a minimum vehicle requirement. They work on Honda and Acuras all the time. Have some of the fastest in CO. I've done a few runs with them, and they have tuned Honda/Acura's with VAFC's before.

I think it is a matter of picking the shop we are most comfortable with.

Any ideas?
Old 04-15-2002, 03:03 PM
pfb

PFI sounds like it might be a better choice, alas it's a long drive from the Springs...

They physical installation looks pretty easy if you don't do anything fancy with the head unit and have the pre-wired harness. I was thinking of running the head unit to the center compartment, mouting it with velcro, and having the option to move it to some additional velcro on the inside of the radio cover (possibly with the angle bracket APEXi gives you?) for tuning and monitoring.
Old 04-15-2002, 03:04 PM
pfb

I also have some (non high altitude) baselines we might start with, although getting a high altitude baseline from Milo sounds like a great idea!
Old 04-15-2002, 03:35 PM
pfb

Just chatted with Brett at PFI.

They also offer a full 8-hour dyno day for $500, including Brett's time for VAFC tuning and A/F hookup. He figures an hour or less per car for a full VAFC tune, leaving lots of time left over for folks who just want to do a few baseline dyno runs or check before/after exhaust, air filters, etc.

Maybe we could try and put something together with a pre-charge of $100 for a full VAFC tune, and maybe $30 bucks for two consecutive pulls with no tuning, $15 bucks for two additional pulls after changing some variables.

Seems like we could get to $500 pretty easily, and possibly charge less if we get enough folks (or more if we don't get enough )

Saturday May 11 is one schedule possibility, also possibly this coming weekend, April 20th, if we could get people commited quickly enough.
Old 04-15-2002, 04:48 PM

Originally posted by pfb
They also offer a full 8-hour dyno day for $500, including Brett's time for VAFC tuning and A/F hookup. He figures an hour or less per car for a full VAFC tune, leaving lots of time left over for folks who just want to do a few baseline dyno runs or check before/after exhaust, air filters, etc.
I like this idea, mainly because the shop has VAFC experience

Maybe we could try and put something together with a pre-charge of $100 for a full VAFC tune, and maybe $30 bucks for two consecutive pulls with no tuning, $15 bucks for two additional pulls after changing some variables.

Seems like we could get to $500 pretty easily, and possibly charge less if we get enough folks (or more if we don't get enough )
We have 3, maybe 4 cars with Milo, anyone else? At 3 it would be $150 each, at 4 it goes to $125, etc... Seems easier than flat + extras

Saturday May 11 is one schedule possibility, also possibly this coming weekend, April 20th, if we could get people commited quickly enough.
I won't have my VAFC harness for a couple weeks it looks like, so this weekend doesn't work for me. May 11th is a track day here at Pueblo that I'd hate to miss out on. Any other dates?

Quick Reply: Rocky Mountain VAFC Club :)