Rocky Mountain S2000 Owners Rocky Mountain Owners Club including Colorado

Meeting Tuesday Jan. 3rd

Old 01-04-2006, 10:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by timg,Jan 5 2006, 12:40 AM
Good to see you guys too!

I finally made it out tonight in the S2k. It was a bit snowy, but it was nice to drive it again.

Tim
How was she running?
Old 01-05-2006, 01:47 PM

Thumbs down

Meeting Notes

Hey Guys,

Here is what was discussed during the meeting. Some of ya'll have already put up some good ideas, please feel free to keep them coming.

- We decided to add some more drives 1 during March, and 2 during April.
- Also, talked about having a mod day, I think this one needs to be revisited to see if we can get a better idea of how to structure it, meaning where would we have it, May be worth trying to find a professional garage or get a dealer to allow us use their garage like in Az.
- Talked about possible locations for the Wash and Waxes, I need to follow up some leads for that.
- set up a performance driving session at Master Drive, I need to get the details on it. will keep ya'll updated.
- Talked about possible routes for Yellowstone, Tim gave some great info that needs to be followed up on.
- Talked about doing Sturgis in SD instead of Mt. Rushmore. Be very laid back and probably camping out. This would be during the Harley Rally.

Kyle - reminder, please look into getting info on the car show from the community college you mentioned, Also, please check the NSX group for events to piggy back.

Denver - I will check the Colorado School of Mines about their car show, it is kinda small so don't know, but will check it out. Contacting dealerships about handing out business cards to join the club once they purchase the car.

Tim - reminder, to look into charity drives/car shows, ask friend about sturgis, and autocross events.

Silk - I know we talked about you doing business cards so we could put them under windshields, don't know if you were still interested in this. Please let me know. I know Kyle mentioned helping you with that.

Thanks again Guys for showing up and putting in your .02. We got alot of good information and are still getting more from Rod and Silk.

Take care,
Denver
Old 01-05-2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Nugget,Jan 5 2006, 03:47 PM
Meeting Notes

Hey Guys,

Here is what was discussed during the meeting. Some of ya'll have already put up some good ideas, please feel free to keep them coming.

- We decided to add some more drives 1 during March, and 2 during April.

- Talked about doing Sturgis in SD instead of Mt. Rushmore. Be very laid back and probably camping out. This would be during the Harley Rally.

Take care,
Denver
October can still be VERY nice and I would suggest adding a second drive to the schedule. It can always be pulled if the weather does not cooperate - but at least you have a date for people to plan for.

As for Sturgis during the Rally - I suggest you re-think that time frame. There is no such thing as "laid back" during the event for MANY MANY miles around. You would be hard pressed to even find a place to camp. The Sturgis Rally is for walking around to see all the bikes and babes (and ride there on a MC if you chose) - but it's not the place to be trying to have a "laid back" S2000 gathering. JMNSHO

Old 01-05-2006, 03:29 PM

Denver,

Here is some info I have found so far:

Arapahoe Community College June 4th car show. "Exotic Sports Car Show and Concours d' Elegance" @ www.cpco.org/concours. You can register a car online or calling 303-691-9339.

www.nsxprime.com, that is the best I've found for NSX websites.

Kyle
Old 01-05-2006, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by colo_s2k,Jan 5 2006, 06:05 PM
October can still be VERY nice and I would suggest adding a second drive to the schedule. It can always be pulled if the weather does not cooperate - but at least you have a date for people to plan for.

As for Sturgis during the Rally - I suggest you re-think that time frame. There is no such thing as "laid back" during the event for MANY MANY miles around. You would be hard pressed to even find a place to camp. The Sturgis Rally is for walking around to see all the bikes and babes (and ride there on a MC if you chose) - but it's not the place to be trying to have a "laid back" S2000 gathering. JMNSHO
I will definitely add another drive to October.

As for a place to stay, arrangements are being looked at by Tim whole has friends who have property in Sturgis and family in the surrounding areas. And in regards to the phase "laid back", I am sure you and I have differing opinions on what that means as I am sure most of the guys do. To clarify, it will be about the location and experience as compared to Yellowstone which will incorporate more driving. I also realize that the sturgis trip won't be for everyone. I actually wont be in town for it as of now. Tim had the idea and thought it would make for a good trip, so I plan on putting in on the calendar if anyone is interested in going. I suspect it will be a smaller group.
To assume these are finalized would be premature, It is being looked at to see if it is even a possibility.

So Rod, are you and your son going to make it down for the drive on Sat? Love to see that laguna blue.

Kyle - Thanks for the info bud, I will call them and see about having our club be involved.

Take care,
Denver
Old 01-06-2006, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nugget,Jan 5 2006, 09:43 PM
I will definitely add another drive to October.

As for a place to stay, arrangements are being looked at by Tim whole has friends who have property in Sturgis and family in the surrounding areas.

So Rod, are you and your son going to make it down for the drive on Sat? Love to see that laguna blue.
Cool on October!

As long as those that are thinking about being in the area during the Sturgis rally understand what they can expect to find - good luck. Expect VERY crowded highways anywhere near Sturgis. Motorcycles and lots of campers/motorhomes pulling trailers with more motorcycles!! Sounds as if you may have accommodations covered at least.

Not sure about Saturday - would certainly like to. I'm not sure if Brandon will have his car back by then or not. If we cannot make it down, I'm sure we will at least try for a drive up this way.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by colo_s2k,Jan 6 2006, 06:38 AM
Cool on October!

As long as those that are thinking about being in the area during the Sturgis rally understand what they can expect to find - good luck. Expect VERY crowded highways anywhere near Sturgis. Motorcycles and lots of campers/motorhomes pulling trailers with more motorcycles!! Sounds as if you may have accommodations covered at least.

Not sure about Saturday - would certainly like to. I'm not sure if Brandon will have his car back by then or not. If we cannot make it down, I'm sure we will at least try for a drive up this way.

Hey Rod,

You sound like you have had a little Sturgis experience yourself. he he.

Hope you can make it tomorrow, sounds like we will have a pretty good turnout. If not drive safe.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Nugget,Jan 6 2006, 09:49 AM
Hope you can make it tomorrow, sounds like we will have a pretty good turnout. If not drive safe.
I just talked to Nancy and I'm guessing we will NOT make it. She has been a bit under the weather lately.

Enjoy the TOP DOWN drive!!

Old 01-06-2006, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by colo_s2k,Jan 6 2006, 12:36 PM
I just talked to Nancy and I'm guessing we will NOT make it. She has been a bit under the weather lately.

Enjoy the TOP DOWN drive!!

I am sorry we will miss ya'll, I hope she feels better. Sucks to not feel well on such a beautiful day.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nugget,Jan 6 2006, 01:16 PM
I am sorry we will miss ya'll, I hope she feels better. Sucks to not feel well on such a beautiful day.
We have both been fighting "the bug".

Quick Reply: Meeting Tuesday Jan. 3rd