Puerto Rico S2000 Owners Puerto Rico S2000 Owners

Moving to San Juan

Old 05-26-2012, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to San Juan

What's the value of a 2002 S2000 with 180,000 miles there? I'm contemplating importing it, but I'm not sure if it's even worth it. I might just sell it here and buy a car when I get there. Any dealerships recommended? Are there good shops around? Are there auto cross events or track events there?

Any places to stay away from?

I've heard La Perla, but why? Violence, drugs, what?

I've been told to move to Isla Verde or Condado.

Do you think a $600-700/month apartment is possible?

I'll be working at San Juan airport and I'm trying to stay close, keep rent low and be in a safe area.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with 180 miles and in good condicion over all its like 13.5 to 16k

its hard to find a good well treated s2000 in PR because road condicions and they are hare to find to

yes., here in PR you can find good racin shops and of corse we have tracks events in toa baja and ponce, toa baja its like an 30-45 minutes from San Juan., ponce its like 1:45 hrs

la perla is low budged comunity in San Juan... yes they sell gooood weeed hahaha

isla verde and condado its a turistic zone so you can epect a 600$ to 700$ for a studio 800 to 1100 in a 1 room apt but you gona to be close to very good places to hang out

but if you to pay less for an aparment and live clouse to the airport you can serch for apartments in carolina

welcome to PR
Old 05-26-2012, 08:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, Sup Bro!!! Im Actually Renting an Apt in Miramar, Next to the Convention Center and Walking distance to the beach and more. Check it out and feel free to call me

http://clasificadosonline.com/UDRent...entAdID=520889

Old 05-27-2012, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by EriS2k
Hey, Sup Bro!!! Im Actually Renting an Apt in Miramar, Next to the Convention Center and Walking distance to the beach and more. Check it out and feel free to call me

http://clasificadosonline.com/UDRent...entAdID=520889

You should translate the classified for him. But he's basically asking $700 per month jeje.

We have 3 track were we do circuit events. No autocross, closes you going to get is the Toa Baja track, which is actually a go kart track, but it's a fun place.

If you want to live close to the airport Isla Verde, Condado, Ocean Park and Carolina are good places. Miramar where Eri's place is, is a little bit further not much difference on the time is just like 10 minutes. The problem might be the traffic but if your hours are not peak traffic hours I think that's a good option. Close to the airport and where you don't want to look at is Barrio Obrero. Not a place to leave the S at .

As far as S2k's go if you want to know what you're getting bring your own. If you're going to buy one I wouldn't recommend you any dealers cause the ones they usally have at dealers they are imported and not in very good shape but they'll try to tell you it is. Also if you want to buy one here you have to know that they are more expensive here than the ones you can find in the states.

Anyway when you're here give let us know some of us go to the track events and we do meets year round. It's a good way to get to know the island
Old 05-27-2012, 03:44 PM

If you are going to work at the airport the best place to get a good place for your money would be carolina if you want space and various rooms. There are several walkup apartments you can verify on www.clasificadosonline.com for that area. If youre ok with a studio or 1 bedroom then isla verde would be your best bet.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:46 PM

I've decided to keep the S, though I'm debating on whether or not to get wheels and a new top prior to moving. I've been wanting Enkei RPF1's for a while and my top has two little slits near the rear brace that are going to a problem in a few months if I keep putting it down.

Would it cost less here to get a new top and wheels while I'm still in the states? I was quoted $1,100 on a new soft top installed (or ~$1,400 for a new painted Mugen replica) and around $1,300 for RPF1's with tires.

@EriS2k
The ad for your apartment is expired.

@Kikodaz
I can read Spanish pretty well, fortunately. If not, there's always google translate.

I'm stoked to hear that there are actually tracks there and I'll definitely keep in touch with you all to make it out to some events.

Thanks for the heads up on where to live, I've talked to a few others in the area and they've said the same thing.

@S2KIPR
I'm thinking Isla Verde is more my style. I'm 25 and single, but I really miss having a garage.

Do you all happen to live in the Isle Verde/Conando area?

Does anyone here wakeboard or know anyone that has a boat that would pull me if I pay for gas?
Old 05-30-2012, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by enpe
I've decided to keep the S, though I'm debating on whether or not to get wheels and a new top prior to moving. I've been wanting Enkei RPF1's for a while and my top has two little slits near the rear brace that are going to a problem in a few months if I keep putting it down.

Would it cost less here to get a new top and wheels while I'm still in the states? I was quoted $1,100 on a new soft top installed (or ~$1,400 for a new painted Mugen replica) and around $1,300 for RPF1's with tires.

@EriS2k

@Kikodaz
I can read Spanish pretty well, fortunately. If not, there's always google translate.

I'm stoked to hear that there are actually tracks there and I'll definitely keep in touch with you all to make it out to some events.

Thanks for the heads up on where to live, I've talked to a few others in the area and they've said the same thing.

@S2KIPR
I'm thinking Isla Verde is more my style. I'm 25 and single, but I really miss having a garage.

Does anyone here wakeboard or know anyone that has a boat that would pull me if I pay for gas?

I HAVE A BOAT AND THAT SOUND GOOD
Old 05-31-2012, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by enpe

@EriS2k

@Kikodaz

@S2KIPR

Yeah bro, sorry i already rented the APT!!! I live in the condado area, let me know!! Wakeboarding sounds Nice, I'll give it a try
Old 05-31-2012, 11:50 AM

As for tops, get a hardtop to be on the safe side. Theft here sucks.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by S2KIPR
As for tops, get a hardtop to be on the safe side. Theft here sucks.
dude you are scaring the crap out of him already!!! theft here for civics and all that kind of shit is something else!!!!

but just dont leave the S2k hanging around on the streets just to be safe

Quick Reply: Moving to San Juan