Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Xviper's "babyface" is in hiding

Old 03-23-2006, 08:19 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Xviper's "babyface" is in hiding

I'm posting this thread in my "home turf", if you will. People can come here to trash talk me if they want. Here, I can edit and delete their a$$ if need be.

As you can see, my original "babyface" has mutated and my sig has mostly been eliminated (by me). The previous avi and sig was to reflect my more light-hearted, jocular side. The avi was meant as a recognizable beacon that users, new and old, could come to for help and advice and a little bit of "good old fashion humour and fun.

Although it has always been the case when an occasional "schmuck" would come along, a good from me would see if he/she was an individual of stout character and constitution, of late, there has been a bigger than usual influx of those who have the emotional stability of a truck load of paranoid schizophrenics. A sack of turnips has a better grasp of off beat humour. When they don't get it or don't have the smarts to understand it, they become offended and attack me. Now, for you local (and far reaching) guys who have met me, do I appear to be the type of person who would just roll over and take it up the whazzoo? Not a chance, Gomez! Even Shelley (HondaGal) once said to me that just because one has the title of "moderator" (or whatever) doesn't mean you're not human. We have the right to react to things.

Of the 32,214 posts I have to this moment, I would say that over 75% of them are in the process of helping others on this board. (Unlike the self confessed "post whores" who post only for the sake of racking up numbers.) Of all the DIY threads in the FAQs, I have put the disproportionate bulk of them in there. In a given week, I spent countless hours in PMs trying to resolve issues with complete strangers who seek my assistance.

Those who know me, know that I will bend over backwards to help you out if I can, in some way or another, both in person and on this board. To save any confusion, I don't get paid for this here. Hell, I don't even get worked up too much about it when no thanks or acknowledgement is given. BUT, I WILL NOT roll over and take an attack when somebody (usually a newbie) dumber than a bag of hammers don't get the comments I make. Lately there have been way too many of those. It must be spring. The magic beans are starting to spout.

So, I REact and let 'em have it with both barrels. Some mods, of course, will edit and delete these out of a thread (just doing their jobs). However, lately, I've sensed that some of the mods have given me the disapproving eye. I realize that I may break some forum rules and at the very least, stretch them to the limit. But remember, I didn't start the attack. I only responded to them.

One of my favorite things is to go to the "target's" profile and scan every post they've ever made on this forum and use their own words and past against them. Sometime, these posts are in the THOUSANDS. This is proof to all that they are of weak and undeserving character. It's a "copy/paste" of stuff already in the memory of this site's server, so breaking the rules? You decide. It's already there. I just found them for all to see. In fact, once, a SITE ADMIN requested me to do this for several board users who were creating some problems. I spent weeks doing it and it was a pleasure to be able to help out.

Thinking that those who own and oversee this forum might consider me to be a blight upon their dominion and knowing that I can be a bit of a "loose canon" for them, recently, I asked them to discuss my BANNING - WITH MY FULL COOPERATION AND APPROVAL. I believe that discussion is currently ongoing. I have voluntarily given them that OUT, without any malice from me should it come to pass.

In any case, that "cute-sy" former babyface is gone (for the time being). I'm not that person anymore. I'll still help those in need, but I won't ignore mush for brains.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn that sucks to hear!!!
but being banned..

you have helped soooooooooo many people including myself
Old 03-23-2006, 09:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are a lot of immature people on this forum. It's going to get worse with time (car price goes down, and we see an increase in losers that can afford the car).

One thing I've learned in my years of being on car forums is just to ignore the douchebags. I used to pick fights with them, but I've realized it's just not worth it
Old 03-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

I am closing this thread.

There is no ongoing disccussion to banning. Case is closed.
Old 03-23-2006, 09:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

True that internet humor is hard to read for those who don't have a sense of humor to begin with.....

Take it in stride X....and don't let them get to you.. In most cases I've seen other members come to your defense and you didn't even have to say a word...

Your reputation and integrity on this site is intact.. Don't let "newbies" discourage your true nature that has brought you much fullfillment in the past...

Keep up the good work.....lose the handlebars on the mustache..

Tim