Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

When will you be done parking your S2k?

Old 02-21-2009, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will you be done parking your S2k?

Well it has been a long winter, and it isnt over yet.

When do you guys figure you will be taking your S2k out of winter storage?? Often they dont street clean till the end of april in edmonton, which sucks.

I am thinking early april for minor drives... and then complete usage once streets are cleaned.
Old 02-21-2009, 10:16 PM

stop! your going to jinx it!

haha jk, its my first winter having the S and having to park it, so im not entirely sure when to break it out of storage, but i know for sure i wont be able to hold back once the snows gone, and even if the streets arent clean. Ill probably have it out as soon as the weather permits.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:17 PM

I never officially parked my s2000 this year. Everytime I am consider taking it out I change my mind. I don't want to get it dirty, hahahaha.
Old 02-21-2009, 11:40 PM

haha wondering when this thread would be brought up

honestly.. as soon as fking possible.. hopefully mid april, definetly hope its before may (pray)

winnipeg sucks
Old 02-22-2009, 01:34 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took mine out for a quick rip yesterday just down the street and through a set of lights. I saw the road ahead had mud / water from melting snow on it so I switched to the right lane and slowed down. A big dodge deisel came up behind, whipped out to the other lane, punched it and tried to pass me. I didnt want him to spray my car so I hammered on it and left him behind me. haha. It was only a couple blocks but it was a FUN couple of blocks. I put her back where she belongs though. Too many rocks out there. Im hopeing when I come back from Cabo in April that it will be time to bring her out!
Old 02-22-2009, 07:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

april 1
Old 02-22-2009, 07:27 PM

Sometime in april hopefully when the roads are all cleaned up. I am ordering a set of Star Spec's in march and am excited to get them mounted up
Old 02-22-2009, 08:04 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Drove mine through the winter again this year, tons of fun. I wouldn't want to park it.

Man some of you guys treat these things like they're ferraris!
Old 02-22-2009, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by ~blacks2k~,Feb 22 2009, 09:04 PM
Drove mine through the winter again this year, tons of fun. I wouldn't want to park it.

I drove my first s2000 in the winter. It was my only car so I drove it year round. But I hated all the rock chips, on a black car you noticed it. The windshield looked like crap. But it sure was as much fun in the winter as it was in the summer.

Now I don't drive mine because it's too low haha, don't want the coils to get dirt and crap all over it. I love having a mint car. Plus I have other cars to drive instead of the s2000.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:21 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ~blacks2k~,Feb 22 2009, 09:04 PM

Better re-sale my friend. If the undercarriage or overall car isnt corroded from the sh!t roads we have, your likely to get better money for you car when you sell it. With our winters, IF you have anohter vehicle, why WOULDNT you park it for the winter? I have an 07 Nissan Frontier for my daily and it just wouldnt make sense for me to pull my car out and take it down the salt soaked and full of rocks / sand roads. Unless you like re-painting your front bumper and replacing your windsheild every year. have at er. haha

Quick Reply: When will you be done parking your S2k?