Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Warranty Issues

Old 09-19-2006, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warranty Issues

Have any of you brought your car to a local dealer to get some of the US TSB's fixed? I just bought my 01 S2000 and noticed the rattle on deceleration during my test drive, and had asked them at that time to have it fixed before I bought the car.

They didn't fix it, and I later found out it's a common problem, but they're trying to get away without fixing it.

Can anyone tell me if they had theirs fixed? And where you had it fixed so I can go back to these guys with a list.

Also, anyone have deafening wind noise at 100kph with the top up? I'm considering using ear plugs.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had that TSB done on my 01. Prod them harder, there is an outstanding Canadian TSB for the clutch buzz on decel.

I had that particular fix done at Village Honda

However... don't expect the fix to be that much better. The noise will return after a few thousand KM's... I even have that same noise on my 04.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by KerryF,Sep 19 2006, 11:27 AM
Also, anyone have deafening wind noise at 100kph with the top up? I'm considering using ear plugs.
i did!
u should buy some hardtop catchers!
gets rid of the wind noise
Old 09-20-2006, 05:22 AM

Kerry, get a passenger to come with you on the highway. Maybe they can pinpoint where the sound is coming from. I can help you with this after the next auto-x if you haven't figured it out by then.

Or if you're ever at the dealer trying to get them to diagnose it and you need a comparison car, I can stop by so they can hear what a "quiet" cabin sounds like.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:33 AM

Actually, its not so much like they're trying to get away with anything... Its a TSB, not a recall. TSB's are covered by warranty so with yours being an '01, I'm afraid you've run out of warranty. Also, being a US car, the warranty is not transferrable to Canada, so unless you've got a long history of servicing Hondas at the same place, you're not really going to have any luck getting it fixed on Honda's dime.

Hope it all gets taken care of with a minimum of fuss though!
Old 09-20-2006, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by VTR_Gary,Sep 20 2006, 11:33 AM
Actually, its not so much like they're trying to get away with anything... Its a TSB, not a recall. TSB's are covered by warranty so with yours being an '01, I'm afraid you've run out of warranty. Also, being a US car, the warranty is not transferrable to Canada, so unless you've got a long history of servicing Hondas at the same place, you're not really going to have any luck getting it fixed on Honda's dime.

Hope it all gets taken care of with a minimum of fuss though!
It's a Canadian car, and I do have the factory extended warranty. They will be fixing it on their dime or getting the car back, I just don't want to bruise any egos are cause any hard feelings in the process.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by nish,Sep 20 2006, 05:22 AM
Kerry, get a passenger to come with you on the highway. Maybe they can pinpoint where the sound is coming from. I can help you with this after the next auto-x if you haven't figured it out by then.

Or if you're ever at the dealer trying to get them to diagnose it and you need a comparison car, I can stop by so they can hear what a "quiet" cabin sounds like.
Sure, that would be great Nish. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:11 AM

Any others get this fixed on their car? Can you please post the name of the dealership that did the work?

So far we have:
- Village Honda in Alberta

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go to T&T Honda and have them pull up the TSB for you, they're a reputable dealership... only place in Calgary that I'd get my car serviced at these days

OR

Don't even get it fixed... because it'll sound just as bad afterwards (it'll go away for a few thousand miles and come back)
Old 09-27-2006, 08:35 AM

I had the clutch TSB done at Honda West a number of years ago. I had to press them a tiny bit to do it but after all was said and done they came through for me. The noise went away and hasn't returned.

Quick Reply: Warranty Issues