Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Spring is here.

Old 01-07-2003, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by FormerH22a4
yes that is a by-law. The fine can be pretty heafty too.
How does that work? I've never heard of a by-law like that before... thats crazy!
Old 01-07-2003, 07:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

The "NO WASH" at home is a By-Law in the City of Calgary and is enforced by the By-Law officers via the Fire Dept. Hazardous Materials section. You cannot wash a vehicle, with or WITHOUT soap any where that would allow the run-off to have access to the storm sewers. That means that even if the run-off hits the gutter, it doesn't necessarily have to get to the drain, you could be fined. Because it's an environment Alberta issue, we're talking hundreds to possibly thousands of dollars fine. However, (and you didn't hear it from me ), it is not likely that you would be fined UNLESS an enforcement officer sees you OR if a neighbour or passer-by reports you. If "we" see you, we won't make a big deal out of it and it we even bother, we'll just inform you that you better be careful next time.
Asif would not likely hit a storm sewer with his run-off where he lives and when I wash my car in my garage, the run-off doesn't make it to the street. It sinks into my driveway and into my own property.
Car washes have drains that lead to the treatment plant as do all firehalls where we wash our trucks (and cars ).
If you wash your car on a public street, then you are taking a risk of being reported.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:16 AM

Wow, I never knew that, thanks for explaining it. I washed my car in the driveway lots of times since I moved here, I'm glad I didn't get caught.
Old 01-08-2003, 07:22 AM

Originally posted by koala
Wow, I never knew that, thanks for explaining it. I washed my car in the driveway lots of times since I moved here, I'm glad I didn't get caught.
If I'd have been driving by on duty and saw ya, I'd have given you a ticket - written on toilet paper! (Just so your neighbours didn't think we were playing favourites or anything.)
Old 01-08-2003, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by koala
[B]Wow, I never knew that, thanks for explaining it. I washed my car in the driveway lots of times
Old 01-08-2003, 08:07 AM

Not to mention how good Zaino smells - how can it NOT be good for the environment?

How many of the new(er) condo developments have a car wash in the garage? I dunno how I'll zaino my baby without having a driveway anymore.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:07 AM

Koala, in your sig, don't you mean convex RIGHT hand mirror?
Old 01-08-2003, 08:22 AM

Originally posted by Woodson
Oh right, if you word it like that... I just meant my left mirror to be convex.
Old 01-08-2003, 08:29 AM

Originally posted by Woodson
Tim, he's ordered the Muz left side convex mirror like what I've got. Remember, we were going to do this till it looked like it was just too pricey? Well, Muz came up with a better deal and I got it. I didn't mention it to you as I didn't want you to feel like I was twisting your arm on this buy. He still has some left that he's got on a GB if you want to do it still. It comes in such a small package that customs didn't even look at it, so no duty, tax, etc. And the Oz buck is pretty low right now. I think it came to about $65.00. Koala? How much did your's cost?
Old 01-08-2003, 08:58 AM

Brain cramp! Stock North America convex mirror is passenger side not driver's side. Note to self: Don't comment on someone else's "error" before first coffee of the morning.

No Dave, I didn't want the Muz mirror.

Quick Reply: Spring is here.