Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

so i was gonna store my car but...

Old 10-22-2002 | 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so i was gonna store my car but...

Drove the S for the first time in more than 2 wks. Braking feels way different than the civic When I started to reverse from the garage, I heard a clunk from the rear? good or bad?

co-worker didn't show up at the gym. Was gonan drive it and store it in his garage.

After the gym, drove home with the AC ON in -5C weather. Think someone (xviper?) mentioned something about doing that before storing the car away. Damn I was cold

OH yeah, could have sworn I put in a full tank of gas 2 wks ago but I guess I didn't (unless someone in my family took my car out for a spin without my knowledge). 1/2 tank of gas left. Should I bother with fuel stabilizer before filling it up to full?
Old 10-22-2002 | 08:33 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Having sat for 2 weeks may have caused your rear brake pads to rust onto the rotor a bit. It's just like if you wash the car and don't go for a drive to dry the water off. I suggest that when you put the car into storage again, leave the car in 1st or reverse gear and the hand brake OFF. It's not a real big deal so do it if it suits you.
Yes, it was probably me who mentioned about running the A/C for 10-15 minutes before storage to circulate the compressor oil to ensure the seals don't dry out during storage. You can run the A/C and have the heat on full, you know. It's not an automatic climate control so the car doesn't know what you're doing. Just so you don't freeze your butt off.
If you use a brand name gas station, no need to put in fuel stabilizer unless you don't plan to drive the car for about a year. If you fuel up at "FasGas" or "COOP" or "Safeway" or "Zippies Discount Juice", then you might need to use the stabilizer but then, you would have noticed your car "acting up" by now. Might throw in a bottle of gas line antifreeze just to keep the water from pooling at the bottom. Who knows how bad your Edmonchuck winter will be in terms of up and down temps. This is bad for condensation although a full tank will minimize this. But then, you thought you had a full tank 2 weeks ago, right?
Are you sure you're not leaking any fuel? Bad situation if you have a heated garage.
Old 10-23-2002 | 03:49 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
temps.
Old 10-23-2002 | 05:08 AM

Though if you were leaking fuel, even a little bit like one litre, you'd smell it. Check your relatives for excessive grinning.