Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Pics of my California trip

Old 03-10-2005, 10:36 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Pics of my California trip

In "chronological" order:

My ride .................. they ran out of Cavaliers and only had SUVs and minivans. I got this ugly, gas sucking Pontiac Montana:

BTW, every major public gathering place, all those who enter get their packs and containers checked for weapons, along with unzipping coats and sweaters to make sure you're not "carrying".
Entrance to Disney's kingdom:

One of Disney's wild machines:

Once inside, you have access to one of 3 "areas". Here's their newest "California Adventure" theme park on the left:

In the middle is "Downtown Disney". It's free and is a place full of restaurants and gift shops:

To the right is the "old" Disneyland:

Just one of the "Goofs" you see walking around:

An overview of California Adventure:

Notice anything about this park bench?>

Then I went to San Diego's SeaWorld park. Here is the front entrance:

And now, the S2Ki HQ office just before members started to arrive >>

The crowd forming. A total of 143 S2000 showed up. Not a record but still an impressive site:

What a PIG! >>

(We also got BBQ beef, a compimentary gift pack with some Maguiar's wax and spray detailer. I even won a couple of door prizes -- a T-shirt and a complete Maguiar's car detailing kit with wax, spray detailer, vinyl protectant, and some sort of quick spray shine.)
Another angle:

The meet hotel:

Off to the San Diego Zoo:

And you thought the "kills" in Street Encounters was something. Here's the real thing:

Is this thing HORNY or what? >>

And finally, a pic of how the other half lives. This is just up the hill from the hotel. A bunch of condo style housing blocks, each unit starting at a mere $300,000.00 >>

It was a busy few days, lots of driving (nearly 600 miles logged), had a great time.
Old 03-11-2005, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics Dave...thanks for posting. Disneyland doesn't look very busy...we are headed doen there in April and I have been warned that the line-ups can be long...any advice avoiding the traffic?
Old 03-11-2005, 06:13 AM

its awsome

doodle bug.. to avoid line ups... get fast passes... you have to go and swipe a card... and come back an hour later... skip like the 2 hour line up !!! but i think you have to be staying a disney hotel....

i went to florida disney world in november... i had a blast!
Old 03-11-2005, 07:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by doodlebug,Mar 11 2005, 08:09 AM
Nice pics Dave...thanks for posting. Disneyland doesn't look very busy...we are headed doen there in April and I have been warned that the line-ups can be long...any advice avoiding the traffic?
My visit was considered the "off-season". They didn't even have any of their "50th Anniversary" souveniers for sale yet. The crowds were small but still there were 15 to 20 minutes waits for some rides. This is nothing like the over an hour wait during the summer time. If you don't go during the school break in April (don't know when that is), it should look like what it did for me. The "fastpass" thing if an interesting concept, but can spend you whole time going all over the park getting "stamped" and you don't necessarily come back within an hour. Sometimes, they don't have you come back for quite a while. It just depends on how the line-ups are looking. With a "fastpass", you come back and go in a different entrance, then you take a shortcut to the front of the line and they let you in.
Check online and also contact the Disney store in Chinook to see if park tickets can be had a bit cheaper. If you have a few days, go for the "park hopper" so you can venture into both sides at will.
As for the traffic, it can get nuts. It doesn't seem to matter what day of the week or what time of day, if you get to certain sections of the freeway, things come to a grinding halt and you just "snail pace" it till you get past the blockage. These are usually near exit or on-ramps. It can take you 1/2 hour to go a few miles. Just make sure you don't run your gas tank too low. You don't want to be stuck in one of those situations with your needle hovering around "E". Even still, the main freeways are still you best bet for covering distance.
Harvey, I have many more pics of the 3 attractions I went to. If you want to see them, I can burn them onto a CD for you.
Old 03-11-2005, 11:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you had fun dave! I really wish I could have went to the meet. next year for sure!
Old 03-12-2005, 08:32 AM

nice pics...looks like you had an interesting trip!