Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

New S2K owner in Edmonton

Old 06-15-2012, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New S2K owner in Edmonton

Hey all,

Not a new owner I guess, but new to this site. I bought my black '04 last summer and am finally getting the hang of how to drive it properly, and now thinking about what to start doing to the car and how to improve my skill with it. To that end, hoping to connect with other local (Edmonton) owners for advice, suggestions, etc.

I've only seen one or two others on the road in Edmonton so I'm hoping there are a few of you here... I'll gladly buy you a beer/coffee/meal in exchange for some local expertise and experience as far as shops, mods (cosmetic and performance), and anything else that will further enhance my driver experience. Also wondering about local driver training pertinent to the S2K or performance cars in general, but not sure what's around -- I grew up on CRXs and then jumped to Acuras (integra, then TSX, then TL-S) so nothing I've owned was rear wheel drive and it shows in my driving lol.

So? Anyone out there? Shoot me a reply or a PM. Or if you see me on the streets, flag me down. Plate is RATM0BL so I'm easy to spot.

Cheers,

Garrett
Old 06-15-2012, 10:28 PM

There are a bunch of us in town. I'm sure Grant or Ian will chime in soon about their track time. It's always a lot of fun. I've done a bunch of stuff to my car, and I'm happy to chat about it. I think we need to sort out that 'Tochigi' meet again, with the S2k guys and the NSX guys too. I'd love to organize it, but chances are I won't be able to do much what with the newborn at home at the moment!
Old 06-16-2012, 01:39 PM

Congrats! If you need to get away for a drink let me know . Looking forward to meeting the rest soon
Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We definitely need to get more active as a community, I am fairly new to the city as well, so definitely wouldn't be a bad thing to have more events etc. What plans do you have for the car? Anything done to it currently?
Old 06-18-2012, 06:58 PM

I was out at the Stratotech track today for a bit to watch -- there were a few S2Ks out there, not sure if some are from this group or not. In any case some nice looking (and performing) rides... Not sure yet if I'll track my car, but certainly want to learn how it can really perform and I suppose that's the safest place. Any driving schools in Edmonton (or area) that people have tried? Or do you just show up at the track on one of the days and learn as you go?

My S has been lowered, has a CAI kit and I know the muffler's been redone. Not sure beyond that (it's as I bought it except for a replaced head unit and some cosmetic work on the body to clean it up).

As far as ideas, I'm getting the bodywork finished tomorrow, putting new rubber on the back and hoping to find a local school and/or hire an instructor privately to teach me how to drive it. Once I know I can handle the car as is, then a supercharger will be the next likely upgrade.

Are there any events planned thus far for the summer?