Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

My Battle with Honda West

Old 12-29-2003, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Battle with Honda West

I think I should take the time to mention my new car purchase experience.

I came across a S2000 at Honda West and took it for a test drive. WOW... It drove exactly the way I wanted a car to drive. So I decided to see what kind of deal I could get. I thought to myself I should try to get a good deal since the car had some KM and it was after all a demo. This is my Bargain story

I offtered them 41K
They offered me 45K

I offered them 42K
They offered me 43.6k

At this point I thought... Well with this being a demo and not knowing how it was driven I can only offer them 42.5 K and they were still firm at 43.6k.

So I thanked them for their time and as I stood up, the sales person came back and said " Ohh wait the sales manager didn't approve this deal but the owner/general manager has approved the deal. Congraduations."

I was thinking WTF going on here. Something isn't right. So I asked the sales person "Is there anything I should know about this car?"

He said "No, this car has been pampered. Only the general manager is allowed to drive the car out of buisness hours"

So I did all the paper work and picked up the car the next day.

A couple weeks later, I was waxing my car when I noticed some overspray under the hood. I thought OMG!!! After careful inspection (who needs to inspect a NEW car) I noticed the bumper, hood and left fender had barely noticable signs of repair.
God I was PISSSSEEDD!!!!

I talked to Honda Canada and they basically said buyer beware. That's pretty sad.

I talked to my lawer. At this point it would be a battle for revenge so I decided not to pursue it.

I talked to Honda West and they DENIED Everything.

I found out there was a lady prior to me looking at the car that went as far as making a deposit, and then backing out. Hmmmmm.

Anyways after a couple arguments we took the car to a body shop. I saw bondo on the bumper, fender and hood. Honda West agreed to fix and replace all damaged parts.

It took them 3 months to get an owners manual and antena and I STILL haven't received the warrenty booklet.

So they screwed me. I would have never bought the car if it was dammaged. I will never do buisness nor will I refer them to anybody.
Old 12-29-2003, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... I'm very sorry to hear about this! I'm glad they're finally coming around on fixing it though.
Old 12-29-2003, 09:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Well, that's the sh!ts. Sorry to hear about this. Scratch one more dealer off my list for any future purchases.
You might be interested to know that the owner of Honda West also owns the Acura dealer in Crowfoot.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:33 PM

That is terrible, I can't believe this. Was this the white 03? I had a friend that was looking into it a short while ago.
Old 12-30-2003, 04:52 AM

Yeesh. Ouch!
Old 12-30-2003, 10:55 AM

It was a silver 02.. I own it now. I don't know anything about the white one.
Old 12-30-2003, 11:47 AM

I don't blame you for being upset. Make sure this issue makes it to the owners of Honda West...you never know if it went beyond the sales manager. I have had a few encounters with the owners (Gloria Simpkins...I forget her husband's name) and they have been very positive...in fact I often reccommend the dealership because of their integrity (especially the Service Manager).
Old 12-30-2003, 03:30 PM

That's not cool at all, sorry to hear.

I find the best way to look over the exterior of any car is to carefully wash it.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:20 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Northwest Acura is part of the Hyatt group along with Northland VW, Calgary Hyundai / Suzuki, Hyatt Saturn Saab Isuzu, Crowfoot Saturn, Hyatt Infiniti / Mitsubishi, Hyatt Mercedes, and the new Nissan dealership down south. They are all owned by Steve and Perry Itzscovitch. They have nothing to do with Honda West. That is dissapointing to hear your misfortune. Honda West had been sitting on the 02' Sebring Silver for a long time, it used to be in their showroom. A friend of mine is a technician there.
Old 12-30-2003, 08:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by LUV2REV
Northwest Acura is part of the Hyatt group along with Northland VW, Calgary Hyundai / Suzuki, Hyatt Saturn Saab Isuzu, Crowfoot Saturn, Hyatt Infiniti / Mitsubishi, Hyatt Mercedes, and the new Nissan dealership down south. They are all owned by Steve and Perry Itzscovitch. They have nothing to do with Honda West. That is dissapointing to hear your misfortune. Honda West had been sitting on the 02' Sebring Silver for a long time, it used to be in their showroom. A friend of mine is a technician there.
When N.W. Acura first opened, Simpkins was a co-owner. When did this change?

Quick Reply: My Battle with Honda West