Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

McCall Lake Golf Course + Golf + My Car = :(

Old 07-23-2003, 11:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default McCall Lake Golf Course + Golf + My Car = :(

It was bound to happen. A ing golf ball flew across 32nd Ave and smoked my hood. Nice dent in the hood. $100-200 to fix it since its aluminium.

I left a message for some lady at the city parks and rec. department to call me back about being compensated.

The worst thing is they said aluminium can be tough, and sometimes they have to end up just repainting the whole damn thing after.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, that sucks. I have a friend that was driving his '76 Corvette on Country Hills Blvd. beside Harvest Hills golf course. The golf ball hit the pavement and he drove over the ball before it bounced up. Once it bounced up, it took out his rad fan and housing and put a 6 inch gash in the fibreglass hood.

The golf course wouldn't take responsibility for it. They said it was the golfer's fault and to go talk to him.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:32 AM

Is that golf course owned by the city? If so, the city is responsible.

I got in contact with Karen at the parks and rec. department, and the city is paying for mine. I just had to send her an email stating the details and such, and she refered me to the Dent Clinic to have it repaired. No money out of pocket from me, they send the bill directly to the city.

She said she has never had so many claims in one year for golf balls. She had to replace the window of a restaurant just up the road from me because of this as well.
Old 07-23-2003, 11:36 AM

That's great news. No, HH is not owned by the city. Also, any time I've played a course that has houses on it (Valley Ridge comes to mind) they have signs saying the golfer is ultimately responsible for damage caused. Glad that wasn't the case with you.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:15 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Koala,

Sorry about your luck. I would be absolutely enraged if something like that happened to me. The problem is, that if like others have said, the "golfer" is responsible, the problem lies in identifying who the perpetrator truly is. It is a Civil matter through and through, with no criminal implication, but if you don't know who dunnit, then you are pretty much SOL.

As for the hood, yes aluminum is a pain to fix. Often with "paintless" dent repair and such, the aluminum may dimple, resulting in you having to replace the entire panel. Perhaps now is a good time to consider that CF hood?

Asif
Old 07-23-2003, 02:18 PM

Well, if the Dent Clinic can't get the dent out, the city will buy me a CF hood for sure. I'll keep my dented hood for winter driving, lol.

But yeah, even though the golfer should be responsible, the city in this case is giving me no trouble over it.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:51 PM

Pain in the ass that it had to happen, but atleast the city is covering it.
Old 07-23-2003, 03:23 PM

I'd take an aluminum hood over a CF hood. The weigh roughly the same. The aluminum hood will crush in a car accident instead of break and possibly decapatate driver/passenger.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:01 AM

damn golfers, err, no wait, damn urban planners who put a course beside places where s2k's park!

Glad to hear the city isn't giving any grieve - I know they would here!
Old 07-24-2003, 06:43 PM

Sorry to hear about this, but this does bring up a similar story....

To whomever bought a brand new car from a dealer with a golf ball sized hole in the window about 10 years ago, I'm sorry...I have a bad slice.

About 10 years ago, I went golfing with a bunch of friends and a train full of new cars came by...I hit one the cars when I teed off on one of the back holes...opps.

Quick Reply: McCall Lake Golf Course + Golf + My Car = :(