Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Lookin for a 2004 S2000...

Old 05-09-2004, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for a 2004 S2000...

Greetings All,

I am in the market for a new 2004 S2K and wanted to know which dealer has the best prices on the New S2000....I'm looking for either a black/black or Silverstone/black...My search is Canada Wide but if I can find a car in Western Canada that would be better....Any dealers on this site that either have one in stock or can locate one in Canada for me, please pm me....

TIA....

Old 05-09-2004, 08:11 PM

I was seriously considering one but the dealers I talked to either didn't take me seriously or wouldn't budge on MSRP. Maybe it had to do more with my lack of style and young age (22) I couldn't make a purchase like that. It was a take it or leave it price and they told me there isn't much mark up and they aren't making money off of the car. Right I guess if I wanted the car bad enough I would of got it regardless of the price. Instead I opted for a 330Ci and got $2500 off, pretty happy with my decision although I still miss the S2K very much!

Anyway, good luck in your search, just thought I share my experiences.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:13 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

A smart shopper will always do his comparison shopping in as many places as he can. Find out the FAX number for a couple of dealers in Vancouver and send them a message.
However, having said that, I suggest you contact "Calgarian", who is a user here. He is also the finance manager at T&T. He has done right by us and you should at least see what he has to say. So as to not seem to play favourites, you might also contact "VTEXTC". His dad works at High River Honda. I have no direct up to date experience with the other dealers in and around Calgary but I get the impression that they are NOT sympathetic to S2000 buyers.
Also, contact the Honda dealer in Medicine Hat. They sponsored our meet out there last year and appear to be willing to talk.
Keep in mind that there are several numbers to consider when buying an S2000.
List price ~ 49,000
Invoice ~ 46,000
dealer cost ~ depending on the "holdback", can be several thousands.
To be reasonable, expect a "fair" shake between "invoice" and "list".
Old 05-12-2004, 03:19 PM

Thanks for the info xviper....I will contact a few dealers (including the 2 mentioned) in the next few days, I'm in the middle of a move...
BTW, where did you get the invoice price from ??? I think the dealer holdback is around 2% of MSRP.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally posted by Lookin
BTW, where did you get the invoice price from ??? I think the dealer holdback is around 2% of MSRP.
I'll PM you that info. I don't wish to get anyone into trouble.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

3% on Honda's, last time I checked. Don't kid yourself, even if they sell a car at invoice, they still make money.

That being said, Ian @ T&T was great to deal with... I received a deal I was more than happy with. Let's just remember everyone needs to make money.
Old 05-23-2004, 09:20 AM
Former Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

Regina Honda Just got in a Yellow S.. I sat in it yesterday. It has not been PDI'd yet. Not sure price.

BT Honda in the Hat is my favourite choice..!!

Shop around!! I was otld once to put together a document, with your requirements, and fax it out to all dealerships that you want to contact, and wait for them to get back to you. Don't know if this actually works or not.
Old 05-23-2004, 02:25 PM

An update on my search....Well I did find a great deal and ended up ordering a 2004 Sebring Silver with Black Interior....now the wait is gonna kill me...

Thank you all for your suggestions....Happy if only the weather would co-operate...
Old 05-24-2004, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats! The wait is well worth it! If you're interested in joining the Prairie Redliners, just let me know and I'll give you one of our badges.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:34 PM

Apparently Honda had no plans on producing many 04 S2k's as all color with the exception of yellow are sold out. This means unless a dealer has a black or white in stock or on the way forget about getting one.

Quick Reply: Lookin for a 2004 S2000...