Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

I'm short, I found a solution

Old 05-02-2005, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I'm short, I found a solution

So I'm a pretty short guy. Barely 5'9". I've always been happy with how I sit in the S2000, but I've always felt that if I could raise my butt up a bit, it'd be nice.

Today I got a bunch of memory foam pillows in here from Serta (we've never carried expensive pillows, but I got these on a good deal so I figured I'd bring them in)... I tossed one in the car, it fits between the side bolsters at the bottom of the driver seat quite snug.

Anyway, with that extra inch and a half (after it compresses), I feel like I'm sitting in an entirely different car. I can actually see a good portion of the hood and fender now.

I guess what I'm getting at is if it's a "bad idea" to use something to prop myself up. I'll probably just use this on road trips or when I want that extra comfort, not neccesarily for daily driving.

Any thoughts?
Old 05-02-2005, 06:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

People have been using "seat cushions" for decades. This is not a new idea.
On the subject of you being "short", I'm not quite as tall as you and my position in the car is just fine. I think it has to do with the way you sit in your car - possibly the rake of your seat back, the amount of bend in your legs (fore/aft seat adjustment), etc. I've seen you drive by and you look like your head barely comes above the door sill. I'm not like that in my car nor do others about our height look like that, so it's gotta be your posture while sitting in your car.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is this affect your view of the dash board dials ?
If I remember correctly, it is possible to raise the seat about 1/4" - 1/2" by inserting spacers in the seat bolts.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gosh, I can't believe you guys are complaining you're too short for the car

They've been talking about adding a short pax index for me every time I go autox because it's an unfair advantage that I'm so light and small
Old 05-03-2005, 09:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xviper,May 2 2005, 08:02 PM
People have been using "seat cushions" for decades. This is not a new idea.
On the subject of you being "short", I'm not quite as tall as you and my position in the car is just fine. I think it has to do with the way you sit in your car - possibly the rake of your seat back, the amount of bend in your legs (fore/aft seat adjustment), etc. I've seen you drive by and you look like your head barely comes above the door sill. I'm not like that in my car nor do others about our height look like that, so it's gotta be your posture while sitting in your car.
I have a tendency to slouch a bit in the S2000 seats, not sure why. I've tried a lot of different seating positions.

I guess I just need to keep trying