Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Group Trip. 2006

Old 08-21-2005, 11:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Group Trip. 2006

How ****ing fun would it be to get a group together and go take in a formula 1 race?

I think it'd be a really good time. Is anyone interested?

My personal votes for Grands Prix I'd be interested in would be:

Malaysia
Montreal
Brazil
Japan - this is the one I'm most interested in

Obviously a trip of this magnitude would need some advanced planning, thus the reason I'm starting this thread now. Also, cost could be of concern, but this is something we can all look into and see what we come up with...
Old 08-21-2005, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could turn the Montreal Grand Prix into a Group Drive, and meet up with the TO guys (they are big F1 fans). BC to Montreal... that's a long trip for a meet!
Old 08-21-2005, 03:45 PM

I'm not driving that far for a meet, that's just crazy

Flying though, definitely.
Old 08-22-2005, 09:28 AM

Road trip to Japan.... woot!

I might be interested - would depend on when, how much $$, etc. It'd be a good excuse to travel
Old 08-23-2005, 05:36 AM

We went to Malaysia for the 2003 F1 race. What a great track! Can provide some recommendations/hints if anyone is planning on going. Expect to budget about $5,000 to $6,000 for the trip. We also tacked on a trip to Motegi for the Bridgestone 300 and to see the Honda Collection Hall at the same time.

Did Montreal in 2004...best party city. By far your least expensive of the group. Don't be fooled by a "close to home" trip not being that exciting. Quite the opposite, it's a great time! Budget would be $2,000 depending on where you stay.

We actually leave in only 18 days for Brazil. We came across a trip with an Australian group and are going to be doing a lot of Senna related activities. We actually get to meet Senna's mom, sister, trainer, and personal assistant. We get to visit the "family" floor in Senna's office tower to see his trophy collection as well as dinner out with his trainer one night and his personal assistant another night. We'll also be visiting the grave site, spending some time with the president of the Senna foundation, some time with the president of the Senna fan club, and a trip to Sid Mosca's gallery & studio (the artist who painted all of his helmets). While in Sao Paulo we are staying at the same hotel as the teams and drivers so we are hoping to bump into a few of them in the elevator. Can't wait!!!! For a short trip just to do the race (no Senna activities) expect to budget $4,000 to $5,000.

Next year there's supposed to be an F1 race in Cancun. Haven't heard any more details in a while so I'm assuming not. We were planning on doing this race next year and if it's definitely a no-go then we are off to Montreal again and then to Indy the following week for the next race. Anyone that wants to come with us to Montreal and Indy is more than welcome.

Anyone interested in doing the trips that Dylan put in his list and wants some hints, let me know.

Mike.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by mikerpm,Aug 23 2005, 06:36 AM
Senna foundation, some time with the president of the Senna fan club, and a trip to Sid Mosca's gallery & studio (the
I must be behind times but...

Who/What is Seena?
Old 08-23-2005, 08:13 AM

There is always guys from the TO forum that go to the Montreal GP each year. I was there in 2004. What I recommend is booking hotels early because hotels book up fast. Also most hotels have a policy for GP weekend of booking minimum 2 nights. I will most likely go again next year as my company is a race sponsor.

I highly recommend taking part in the festivities downtown on the Saturday night. There is plenty to see and do!
Old 08-23-2005, 11:40 AM

[QUOTE=Seks,Aug 23 2005, 08:17 AM] I must be behind times but...

Who/What is Seena?
Old 08-24-2005, 05:08 AM

http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/ayrton-senna.htm

http://senna.globo.com/

Won 3 world championships (88, 90 & 91) driving for McLaren HONDA. Still holds the title for most career poles at 65.

In my opinion, I still think that Senna was a better driver than Schumacher.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I may be game for Montreal. I could not justify (nor would my wife allow) $4K-$6K for one of the other foreign venues. $6K would buy me gears, SS exhaust and a set of Fikse FM 5's .

Quick Reply: Group Trip. 2006