Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Getting ready for Winter

Old 09-08-2003, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready for Winter

I need a car cover for the S2000. Secondly I've got to unload my almost new Toyo's TI's (215-50-17) and AEM CAI for a TL Type S. If you know anyone who might be interested let me know.
BTW what's the consensus on car covers?
Old 09-09-2003, 02:23 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I have only ever used a car cover when I stored a car over the winter. Make sure you get the right one. ie, if stored in a garage, it should be "breathable". If it is stored outside, it should obviously be waterproof. I don't like having to put it on and take if off repeated as I have seen that certain areas (like corners) can get the paint looking dull from the cover getting pulled across it. I know you can get a good deal on the Honda one, but do check to see what kind it is and if it is appropriate for your intended use.
Old 09-09-2003, 06:11 PM

How about if you don't use a car cover if it's parked in the garage? (I might be parking my car for the winter)
Old 09-09-2003, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by a_peep
How about if you don't use a car cover if it's parked in the garage? (I might be parking my car for the winter)
I don't see any issues with this at all UNLESS you have cats that have the run of the garage (they may walk all over it). I'd recommend washing and polishing it just before storage and don't ever try to remove the dust during storage. In the spring, the first thing you need to do is wash it again so you don't drag the dust all over the paint.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:28 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
I don't see any issues with this at all UNLESS you have cats that have the run of the garage (they may walk all over it).
Old 09-09-2003, 07:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a Honda brand custom fit outdoor car cover that I bought on Ebay from an owner in the UK. I don't believe you can get these here. It is practically brand new and in perfect condition. It even has the H on the front.

I am not sure if I want to let it go as it is hard to get. Funny thing is that my paint is shot anyways from driving on Deerfoot and through the winter. So never used it.

Why aren't you getting it through T&T since you work there?
Old 09-09-2003, 07:41 PM

...perhaps some fuel conditioner to keep your gasloine from going "stale", don't forget the battery, and if you are leaving the wheels on the car I have heard that it is a good idea to over-inflate the tires so that you are less likely to get flat spots....I'm sure there is more (and better) advice from some of the real enthusiasts on this board.
Old 09-09-2003, 08:05 PM

Originally posted by doodlebug
[B I have heard that it is a good idea to over-inflate the tires so that you are less likely to get flat spots [/B]
and park on little pieces of carpet
Old 09-09-2003, 08:21 PM

Maybe I should start my own thread or maybe there is already a thread on what to do before parking a car for the winter?
Old 09-09-2003, 08:31 PM

Originally posted by a_peep
Anything else that is necessary to store a car in winter?
WOW! This is a LOADED question with an equally LOADED answer.
Do a "member" search for "OhioRacer". PM him. He has compiled a complete set of winter storage tips (it is a very extensive list). This list was compiled a year ago as a result of consultation with several S2Ki members including myself. He will be happy to send you an email with the list attached.
OR, you can search "winter storage" and see all the threads on this topic and get all the tips in little bits and pieces.

Quick Reply: Getting ready for Winter