Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

CALGARY and area owners and enthusiasts - meet and Spring drive.

Old 04-05-2002, 12:48 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default CALGARY and area owners and enthusiasts - meet and Spring drive.

A few of us guys are getting together for a little get together at a restaurant and for a drive through the Kananaskis and back roads in the countryside around Calgary. This is independant of the proposal that HondaGal made about a possible meet up in Red Deer.
I, VEXTC, LordVagabond, FormerH22a4, Woodson and Skitzo would like to invite you to come out and meet us (consisting of 4 S2000's). We're just a bunch of owners and enthusiasts in Calgary who have met on this board and have met up a few times to share our love of this car and other interests. We are a wide range of ages and backgrounds. Don't worry about not fitting in.
May 9th (Thursday) - meet at Boston Pizza - 7 PM. I'll let you know the location by PM for those that show interest in this thread.
May 11th (Saturday) - "The Drive". We'll agree on a gathering point when we're at BP and also decide on a time to start. Our tentative route would take us out the "back" way to the #1, through the Highwood Pass, back in through Turner Valley and the "back" way into Bragg Creek. We can also extend the beginning and/or the end legs if so desired. As is, we're looking at about a 2-3 hours trip with a few stops along the way for lunch and photo ops. Please post here if you are interested and you'll be PM'ed in due time. We would love to meet ya.

Due to some of the problems that some of our American friends have had on group drives, I must make this statement:
This is an informal get together of people (we are not a club) who just happen to be going in the same direction as I am. If you should get stopped by the police for "whatever", you are acting independently and have no direct connection with me or anyone else on the road. If you should crash or drive off a cliff, a member of the fire dept and police dept will lend medical assistance.
Old 04-05-2002, 02:05 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Looking forward to the meet/drive. Hopefully there are a few more local lurkers on the board other than those mentioned who would like to join us.
Cheers
Asif
Old 04-05-2002, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a great idea XVIPER...I'd like to meet a few of the folks that I see on the road from time to time. Please include me in any info you send out. A note on the Highwood pass...will it be open that early in the year?
Old 04-05-2002, 03:20 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by doodlebug
[B]Sounds like a great idea XVIPER...I'd like to meet a few of the folks that I see on the road from time to time.
Old 04-06-2002, 04:06 PM

Just checked. The Highwood Pass is closed till June 15 so the Bighorn Sheep can move around and mate & stuff undisturbed. But have no fear, I've got an exquisite route planned that will take in almost the same views without going into K-country.
Old 04-07-2002, 08:45 AM

Why May? Kinda early isn't it?

Can't you guys accomadate me? ie wait till after i get my car Doubt I'll have mine by then and besides, isn't driving on the highway for the first 1000 km or so not recommended?

Old 04-07-2002, 01:52 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Seks
[B]Why May?
Old 04-11-2002, 11:56 AM

TTT
Old 04-11-2002, 03:08 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Ah yes...the "promoting" of this thread. My apologies Dave.
Asif
Old 04-14-2002, 03:06 PM

TTT

Quick Reply: CALGARY and area owners and enthusiasts - meet and Spring drive.