Prairie Redliners Canadian Prairie Provinces. Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba

Best place in Edmonton for alignment?

Old 06-29-2009, 12:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best place in Edmonton for alignment?

It's always a challenge for me to find a good place to get an alignment done. I want a place that will do custom specs ACCURATELY down to the last decimal place and not whine about it. A place that will let me sit in the driver's seat during the alignment and again, not whine about it. There's nothing worse than a half-assed alignment from nonenthusiasts who just do an alignment "within specs" and have no idea why that isn't good enough. Recommendations anyone?

And while we're on the subject, does anyone recommend anything other than the factory specs for an MY07 with 215/255 Star Specs and is otherwise completely stock? I am looking for specs good for daily driving, the occasional track day...something that will give a bit of extra grip without really causing more tire wear. Or is that asking too much heh..
Old 06-29-2009, 06:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yes i would like to know as well... for i should really get an alignment one of these days.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sherwood honda.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:40 AM

Go to Bert's Alignment.. He did mine PERFECTLY.. was recommended by a friend.. First thing he asked is if I was going to be tracking the car or if I had any settings I wanted him to dial in. Really knows his stuff and car steers / tracks perfectly.. Has no issues with slammed cars

16623A 111 Avenue Nw
Edmonton, AB T5M 2S2
(780) 484-1034
Old 06-29-2009, 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by GTS Jeff,Jun 29 2009, 02:22 AM
It's always a challenge for me to find a good place to get an alignment done. I want a place that will do custom specs ACCURATELY down to the last decimal place and not whine about it. A place that will let me sit in the driver's seat during the alignment and again, not whine about it. There's nothing worse than a half-assed alignment from nonenthusiasts who just do an alignment "within specs" and have no idea why that isn't good enough. Recommendations anyone?

And while we're on the subject, does anyone recommend anything other than the factory specs for an MY07 with 215/255 Star Specs and is otherwise completely stock? I am looking for specs good for daily driving, the occasional track day...something that will give a bit of extra grip without really causing more tire wear. Or is that asking too much heh..
Sorry to say it but your driving a stock S2000.

The only spec's you'll be able to adjust is about .5 - .8 degrees of camber in the front or rear.

Caster and toe is un changeable.

well you can change toe, but your tires will be done in 5k.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:28 AM

Concur with Bert's, I've had my car done twice there. Eurasia, despite their name, won't do Hondas. I wanted to get Eurasia to do it because they have corner scales, but when I mentioned the 'H' word, they backed off! Yet ironically, I'm on their mailing list and they ask me to bring my car in for service. What?

For alignment specs, go with the 'UK alignment'. If you can't find the specs in one of the other forums, I have it kicking around here somewhere. The UK alignment specs were put together by Honda UK to help tame down the AP1's handling characteristics, especially for 00 and 01 cars...but no reason to not run the specs on AP2s, as far as I know. There is a bit more tire wear on the UK alignment specs though...
Old 06-29-2009, 08:32 AM

^tame down? why... go extreme mang.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:40 AM

Honda UK was responding to comments in the motoring press at the time which felt that the on-limit handling of the car was a bit unpredictable.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:57 AM

^they are just bad drivers... haha
Old 06-29-2009, 10:21 AM

Eurasia told me no as well and they were really rude about it to . However Urban Performance Automotive was were i got my spoon suspension installed and aligned they were pretty good .

6320 Davies Road Nw
(780) 413-9712

Quick Reply: Best place in Edmonton for alignment?