Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

XXX Rootbeer Meet February 23

Old 02-25-2014, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol manwhich? uh oh glenn...are you guys able to access the link to the video up there? lmk if not cause youtube is acting gay
Old 02-25-2014, 09:22 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by roscoe
lol manwhich? uh oh glenn...are you guys able to access the link to the video up there? lmk if not cause youtube is acting gay
I could not
Old 02-25-2014, 03:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know some of you guys have seen the video on FB already but for those that arent my friends on FB here you go

Edited:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOEHG...ature=youtu.be
Who is the stud in the passenger seat @1:18. Any ways I think some people are having trouble viewing this vid because of the copyright issues with music. You cannot view this vid on your mobile device but you can view it on a PC All about the dub step for you tube vids
Old 02-25-2014, 04:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Really? People still say that?
Old 02-25-2014, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by bahula03
Originally Posted by roscoe' timestamp='1393352217' post='23033519

O.k. let me re-phrase it then.. How about Monster-Burger? Since it's Hammered's burger, I think he should name it.
Old 02-25-2014, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by II JETFIRE II
Originally Posted by bahula03' timestamp='1393376589' post='23034243
[quote name='roscoe' timestamp='1393352217' post='23033519']

O.k. let me re-phrase it then.. How about Monster-Burger? Since it's Hammered's burger, I think he should name it.
[/quote]

its not that serious lol geez its just a phrase and you're good jetfire. it was nice to see you out again hopefully we see you more often
Old 02-25-2014, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by II JETFIRE II
Originally Posted by bahula03' timestamp='1393376589' post='23034243

[/quote]

Old 02-25-2014, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by II JETFIRE II' timestamp='1393383957' post='23034425
[quote name='bahula03' timestamp='1393376589' post='23034243']

[/quote]

its not that serious lol geez its just a phrase and you're good jetfire. it was nice to see you out again hopefully we see you more often
[/quote]

So, I don't mean to try and enforce some politically correct set of rules, but when you misuse a phrase, particularly in the manner you did, it stops being "just a phrase" and becomes serious and offensive. I grew up saying that phrase in the same manner, completely thoughtlessly, just like the vast majority of people my age did. At some point, I started thinking about the words coming out of my mouth and realized that saying things like that a) are seriously offensive and hurtful to people and b) it made me look like an ignorant asshole. When you say that "youtube is being gay," what you're trying to say is that youtube is broken or not functioning correctly...which with your phrasing draws the inference that being gay means that you're broken or not functioning correctly. Pretty damn insulting, and makes you look like you have a pretty poor grasp on the language.

So, obviously, up to you how you'd like to communicate
Old 02-26-2014, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by bahula03
Originally Posted by roscoe' timestamp='1393386893' post='23034496
[quote name='II JETFIRE II' timestamp='1393383957' post='23034425']
[quote name='bahula03' timestamp='1393376589' post='23034243']
Really? People still say tha. u

[/quote]

[/quote]

So, I don't mean to try and enforce some politically correct set of rules, but when you misuse a phrase, particularly in the manner you did, it stops being "just a phrase" and becomes serious and offensive. I grew up saying that phrase in the same manner, completely thoughtlessly, just like the vast majority of people my age did. At some point, I started thinking about the words coming out of my mouth and realized that saying things like that a) are seriously offensive and hurtful to people and b) it made me look like an ignorant asshole. When you say that "youtube is being gay," what you're trying to say is that youtube is broken or not functioning correctly...which with your phrasing draws the inference that being gay means that you're broken or not functioning correctly. Pretty damn insulting, and makes you look like you have a pretty poor grasp on the language.

So, obviously, up to you how you'd like to communicate
[/quote]
Bahula,

I don't think anyone here including me meant any harm or to offend. If so you have my apology right up front.

At first, I thought you were commenting about the term I used as it is old (like me) but I don't take things too seriously that often. I know Rosco, and I don't think he meant any harm to you or anyone else, so please understand that.

I personally have a cousin back east, whom I adore and we hung out for years and talked about cars and boxing. She and her girlfriend have used the word in the exact same context to me in my presence and we all were cool about it and laughed. Lastly, if we are going to start talking about the meaning of words here, there are more meanings than one for that word. It also means happily excited, or spirited like our cars. When you say "broken", it sounds more to me like you are talking about the opposite meaning of the word or "dead" But by all means don't take my word for it, see for yourself. That is all I will comment further.
Reference: www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gay
Old 02-26-2014, 09:32 AM

I didn't know we had to abide by webster's rules of how we speak or type on this forum? There's nothing broken about it, the terms that I use shouldn't have offended anyone and if you come in here just to say that it offends you then you shouldn't have posted in here with no relation to the topic of the thread itself. If I did offend you by me inserting the words youtube is being gay then oh well. My freedom of speech I fight for it litterally and physically so I will use it in that manner. And Jetfire thanks for clearifying that up for Bahula. I know I haven't been on this forum for that long but 5-6 years is pretty long to me and have never ran into "How to type or use appropriate language while using s2ki's forums and threads" I'm not an English major or anything but Jetfire said it correctly its how you took it and anybody can take the context of the words in their own way. "Manwhich" is a meal in a can with ground beef that I ate when I was a kid lol. I don't know maybe you've never had it before. There were no harm intended to anyone on here. Jetfire did not mean to offend anyone on here and we all did not get offended by his terms or word usage either. I'm done ranting or explaining myself now lets get back to talking about cars like the forum is supposed to be about.

I want to take this time and apologize to any of my friends on here or car enthuiasts if I offended anyone by using the word (gay).......

Quick Reply: XXX Rootbeer Meet February 23