Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Why would a police car swerve around to stop cars?

Old 07-01-2006, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why would a police car swerve around to stop cars?

So i was getting on the i-405 at noon today and saw a police car driving left and right of the road to prevent cars from proceeding for about 10 minutes. So everyone just stopped for no apparent reasons, puzzled.

Is there any legitimate reasoning behind this bizzare behaviour?!

Old 07-01-2006, 01:38 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keith_seo,Jul 1 2006, 02:13 PM
So i was getting on the i-405 at noon today and saw a police car driving left and right of the road to prevent cars from proceeding for about 10 minutes. So everyone just stopped for no apparent reasons, puzzled.

Is there any legitimate reasoning behind this bizzare behaviour?!

What do you mean, you mean they closed 405 in one direction temporarily? Sure, there are any number of reasons why they might have to do that, not all of which would be obvious.

I'm sure they weren't doing it for a lark. Probably there was some debris on the road and they were picking it up. Once they let you drive again, you would never know because, guess what, now it's gone....
Old 07-01-2006, 02:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It's called a Round Robin. They are trying to slow traffic down because of a problem ahead. In CA it is a method to spread traffic out. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. It could also be as stated above, debris in the roadway that needs to be cleaned up or moved out of the way.
Whatever you do, stay behind the officer.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:35 PM

Ahh, so I've considered. Thanks
Old 07-04-2006, 01:00 AM

wow, learnt something new everyday... and thanks to you I have one less excuse to speed...

One night I was coming back from my parents' house on 520 west, I was in my wife's TL and getting a little cozy, so I was probably going 80 before i know it (and keep falling asleep!)

Then I was waken up by the blue and red lights, I was like shit.... Then he swerve and proceed to cut off the car in the right lane, I just told my wife, did someone steal a police car?

The Racer in me woke up, and grabbed that oppotunity and down 2 gears (yeah the TV game like automatic ) and passed them at that milesecond... then he start doing his left-right thing... I was remembering myself saying, WTF, the guy's drunk too!!!

Then I'm just taking off blasting 95+mph onto I 5.... yeah I always make excuse for speeding! and I don't remember seeing anything strange at all.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by slowv6,Jul 4 2006, 01:00 AM
wow, learnt something new everyday... and thanks to you I have one less excuse to speed...

One night I was coming back from my parents' house on 520 west, I was in my wife's TL and getting a little cozy, so I was probably going 80 before i know it (and keep falling asleep!)

Then I was waken up by the blue and red lights, I was like shit.... Then he swerve and proceed to cut off the car in the right lane, I just told my wife, did someone steal a police car?

The Racer in me woke up, and grabbed that oppotunity and down 2 gears (yeah the TV game like automatic ) and passed them at that milesecond... then he start doing his left-right thing... I was remembering myself saying, WTF, the guy's drunk too!!!

Then I'm just taking off blasting 95+mph onto I 5.... yeah I always make excuse for speeding! and I don't remember seeing anything strange at all.
What?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:15 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did it hurt?
Old 07-05-2006, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by slowv6,Jul 4 2006, 01:00 AM

nsx is slower than s2k
Old 07-05-2006, 11:52 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

whuh?

Old 07-05-2006, 04:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't it called "swerving"

it's like some new gangsta way of cruising...i saw it on a music video...

Quick Reply: Why would a police car swerve around to stop cars?