Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Washington Drivers can't park!

Old 04-13-2004, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So for the THIRD time in FOUR months, my Miata has been Hit-While-Parked Jeesh!

1. January - 2nd day in the new house, and someone backs into the front fender. (Cost: $500 Deductible)

2. February - Redmond Town Center - Loser can't parallel park, backs up over my hood, and leaves. (Cost: Rubbing compound, and aggravation)

3. Yesterday- In the parking lot at work - (Cost: JUST FRIKIN' PRICELESS)

That is not all! When the car was 1 week old, the HVAC dude dropped a condenser off the roof of my work and it bounced into the door.

This car has seen THOUSANDS of miles on the RACE TRACK and has less damage then has happened at ZERO MPH!

Can anyone else relate?

Marek
Old 04-13-2004, 10:23 AM

Based on what I have seen, I try not to parrell park... especially in Seattle.

I did a little valet work there and remember seeing tons of people using other car's bumbers as their guide.

The worst one I saw was this young lady parking her little hatchback Corolla in a space big enough for a Suburban. You can just imagine the trouble she was having. Plus, she ended up leaving her car just inches from the bumper of the car behind her, and left a ton of room in front of her. The poor Jaguar behind her had to inch his car from his spot just to get out, of course he was careful not to hit hers.

Then I saw another guy try to fit his honda in a one car parking spot a nice looking 2.5 RS was already parked in. The guy parking just used his bumper, leaving a dent on the Suby, and he just gave it less than an inch and parked. Plus, the space was on a hill and the Suby had a manual tranny. So if the Suby left while the car in front was still there he would roll right into the other car again! (if he didn't use the hand-brake technique)

In Vancouver, I watched a VW Golf smack into another car behind him in another space big enough to park a bus. The guy gets out and looks at his bumper to make sure it wasn't marked, never bothered to look at the other car, and started going into a resturant. This time I said something and asked him if he was going to leave a note on the other car. He said it was fine. I said you didn't even look at the other car and I was going to leave a note for him. Then he just turned around, got back into his car and left.

So yeah, I definitely try to stay away from parking on streets in my S. I don't worry about it in the Bronco I drive cause most people will mess up their hoods rather use my bumper as a guide.
Old 04-13-2004, 10:27 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Optikal
Based on what I have seen, I try not to parrell park...
Old 04-14-2004, 11:53 AM

Hi guys, I also got something to share.

Back in last year, when I still got my civic si. Took my female friend to Aiki beach around 11pm parked the car on street coz my friend needed to go pee. So I got out the car and walked her to those public bathroom. AFter awhile, two stupid bixxxxx walked by me and we said hi to eachother . that was cool. AFter awhile.. I realized those two bixxxxx got on the Jeep which parked in front of me. They were backing up and I told myself.. shit... tha'ts enough.. that's enough.. after the 3rd "that's enoug..." shit! bamp!!! hit hard right on my car. and of course my car alarm went off. Guess what... they decided to drive off!!! Glad I saw it and I immediately use my body to stop in the middle of the road and stop them. then she said "that was ur ride right?" I was like "hm... why do you think i stop you guys for" then they backed up their car.. and we exchanged info and etc. first inspection at nite .. the damage are bumper grill part got scraped off.... that's it. so she thought it was only minor damage and her dad in the phone asked me if i can allow her to pay cash instead of reporting to insurance. i said it's up to you. .then the next morning.... when i looked at my car.. shit! she also cracked my carbon fiber hood. so i called her and told her that .. well sorry .. the hood has been cracked too. Ending up total damage estimate cost 1200 USD including the C F hood. end of story.
Old 04-14-2004, 01:05 PM

FRFR,

Be careful of "paying cash instead of reporting to insurance" things. I have heard bad story about it. For me, I just do it the right way. Report to insurance company, call police if necessary, etc. It could be dangerous to do things under the table.
Old 04-15-2004, 07:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by apex
Can anyone else relate?

Marek
Absofvckinglutely

dumb Washington drivers
Old 04-15-2004, 08:01 AM

It is pretty frustrating - I still look the other way when approaching my newly reformed door....
Old 04-15-2004, 01:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Neither can people from Oakland...
Old 04-15-2004, 04:15 PM

True. oh well, I guess calling insurance is the best way no matter what.

Thanks
Old 04-15-2004, 04:42 PM

Hey, Washington drivers can't drive, either!

Quick Reply: Washington Drivers can't park!