Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fun times everybody! Thanks for showing up everyone so the event wouldn't get cancelled.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ Glad you came out, nice meeting you

Despite the damp weather, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. The surface was slick, but it wasn't raining so hard that it was miserable to be standing around. Some sprinkling / misting at times, but that's it.

As for the driving - it was definitely enlightening. Unfortunately, I didn't get a feel for the car until the last heat, which explains why an anemic Miata won the street tire class. I'm way too timid in the rain... I'll have to find my balls a little sooner next time.

Some opposite lock slides cut my tires up pretty good ...other than that, definitely a lot of fun.

Chris - nice work on pwning us in a car with 1/2 the power. Thanks for the fun ride, you've got that car under control for sure

I think this might be it for me until next season. Winter is just about here, which means Lap-Attacking the terrain park at Stevens Pass!!
Old 11-15-2010, 07:21 PM

nice meeting you too! i noticed something odd on your front passenger fender wheel lip. it kinda pokes downwards while everthing is rolled. was that caused by the drifting?
Old 11-15-2010, 09:00 PM

here are a few shots i took at the recent lap attack..

Old 11-15-2010, 09:53 PM

Wow are those from your phone? Quality ain't too shabby. Glad you came to hang out, thanks for being my "sound recorder"
Old 11-15-2010, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by BowlofRice,Nov 15 2010, 09:21 PM
nice meeting you too! i noticed something odd on your front passenger fender wheel lip. it kinda pokes downwards while everthing is rolled. was that caused by the drifting?
That was caused by my driveway, it hooked on the tire and got pulled down ...I have the worst curb in the world. I have a lip sitting in my garage that I can't put on because I'll scrape the paint right off once I do. The fenders will be folded and fixed after the toy run I'm thinkin'. I'm also going to try and ghetto-rig a ramp for my driveway.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:21 PM

Chris - nice work on pwning us in a car with 1/2 the power. Thanks for the fun ride, you've got that car under control for sure
I think that if you had been pushing hard the first two sessions, you would have beaten me, as proof where you edged me by a few 1/10th in th final round. As for the control, I think that the miata is a bit easier to drive at the limit than the s2k, especially in the wet. Though I don't quite have it down as you could tell by my two spins in the BS drift-ish round. I need to learn how to link two corners together... My first attempt didn't quite work the way I planned...

Anyone else doing the stars event this weekend? I think that I will go just because it should be a fun event where we get to see all of the forms of racing in one day. Prolly my last event for the year as I dismounted my race tires today in order to put my snows on my extra set or rims.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by ALFYonso,Nov 15 2010, 11:56 PM
That was caused by my driveway, it hooked on the tire and got pulled down ...I have the worst curb in the world. I have a lip sitting in my garage that I can't put on because I'll scrape the paint right off once I do. The fenders will be folded and fixed after the toy run I'm thinkin'. I'm also going to try and ghetto-rig a ramp for my driveway.
Does your driveway have one of those curved sidewalks? My bro has one of those rubber long strip curb ramps that he would sell since his HOA made him take it off his driveway.
Old 11-17-2010, 08:21 AM

^^ pming you soon...
Old 11-21-2010, 04:53 PM

You guys missed out on a great day. It wass snowing, freezing, and one of the funnest days that I have had there. Since the car and kart turnout wasn'e all that great, they let anyone who was in any of the classes run the rental class for free. It was basically a lapping day where you got to use the rentals too. Also we got about 7 or 8 cycles. That means 8 car sessions, and 8 kart sessions for me... for $60...

I also had a pretty good day, my fast lap was 1:17.01 which is pretty good for it being freezing, slightly moist, and on street tires. Thats actually my fastest street tire time.

I would highly recomend going to the next event as long as there is no snow sticking to the ground. The "Stars of Motorsport" is a winner in my book!!!

Quick Reply: TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park