Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Old 04-26-2011, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are looking for people to sign up early. If they don't get 25 entries in the next day or two, they are going to cancel the event again. If you want to do it, sign up now.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Cancelled... again.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Someone seriously needs to start hyping these events. I used to post on some of the Miata forums, but since I am currently unable to go, I haven't bothered. Though the most Miata's that ever went were 5-6. I know that there was either a track day or big auto-x this weekend that have most of the Track miatas more interested.

I fear that the lap attack is going to disappear all together...

At least there are lapping days...
Old 04-27-2011, 05:20 PM

I would have gone but going to do bloomsday this weekend.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess that answers that question then
Old 05-24-2011, 01:50 PM

There is a lap attack at Pacific Grand Prix on the 5th. The last few have been canceled due to low turnout. I would really like to do the next one as it will very likely be the last I will have a chance to do for a very long time. I have a very promising employment in California, so I will most likely be moving there permanently some time in the next month. With that in mind, I am going to hit what lapping days/auto-x/lap attack events that I can between now and whenever I end up leaving.

I am going to make a push on what Miata and s2000 forum that I am currently a member of, I would encourage you to do the same on whatever forums you are on.

These are really fun events, it would be a shame if PGP stopped holding them due to lack of interest. Their site is http://www.pacificgp.com/ you can get the details there. I would also like to post an open challenge. My personal best lap time is 1:14.8. I know that it is the best lap in a naturally asperated Miata on street tires, and as far as I know, the best Miata time period aside from Bob Bundy, who destroys everything... I know that an s2k on good summer tires and better than stock suspension should be able to beat my time, and I know that there are more than a few drivers able to put down a good time. I hope to see both good s2k and Miata turnout since they are in my opinion just about the perfect cars for this track.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've returned to this thread after a 6 month hiatus

Congrats on the job Chris. Now we won't have some punk kid in a Miata embarassing all of us with double the power.

Lap attack on Sunday the 5th sounds like it could be cool. Crystal is still open though, so it'll be a battle of what sounds funner.

It looks like there's a lapping day on the 8th, and I'll conveniently be off that day. I'm in for that. Anyone else care to join??

...getting excited to do car stuff again, it's been a while
Old 05-24-2011, 07:23 PM

^ lapping day on the 8th. I may try to do that too... Get it while I'm here, right?

The question is, do I want to get some r-comps, even though I probably won't get to do much if any racing where I will be in CA? I really wanted to know if I could hit low 1:13's...
Old 05-27-2011, 12:46 PM

I plan to go to the lap attack and I know of two others as well - assuming it's not cancelled.
Maybe PGP could give us a "minimum # cars registered by XX date or it's cancelled" to help motivate early registration. Or offer $10 off early registration.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:57 PM

So is the Lap Attack back to FWD, RWD, and AWD with Novice added in?
What happened to Race Tire & Street Tire?

Quick Reply: TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park