Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What classes are people going to run? Great question and since nobody’s chiming in I thought I’d throw in my plans…

The plan was to run the season in my ’94 Si on street tires in preparation for the Redline Time Attack in September. But as all projects go including this one time isn’t working in my favor. I haven’t even finished the wiring for the car - constant progress with out many results.

So, to keep things moving in a forward direction after the sale of my black ’90 Si I competed in last year - less tire and horsepower plus more weight than Hector’s Civic. I’m going to start the season in the M3 on some form of street tire and scrap any plans of winning the season end points battle in the ‘94. ;-)
Old 04-21-2011, 01:30 PM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

I won't win regardless of category, so I'm mostly just going to try and improve on my pathetically slow times from last time.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:26 PM

I'm going to try to make an event or two in my car. On street tires in STR trim wherever that puts me.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on how competitive you are in STR. If/when I auto-x I would be in STR. I am normally fairly competitive depending on who shows up at the auto-x. I would say that depending on what suspension and tires you have, I would be quite pleased with a ~1:15 if on star specs or RS-3's, and decent suspension.
Old 04-21-2011, 07:01 PM

The hardest part of getting down below 1:17 in either a Miata or s2k, is being willing to push to the limit through most of the track, and being comfortable at the limit. I think that it is easier to be quick in a Miata just because it's worth a quarter of what an s2k is...
Old 04-21-2011, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by luder_5555
It depends on how competitive you are in STR. If/when I auto-x I would be in STR. I am normally fairly competitive depending on who shows up at the auto-x. I would say that depending on what suspension and tires you have, I would be quite pleased with a ~1:15 if on star specs or RS-3's, and decent suspension.
I think I was in the 15's both directions last year(at least CCW), on a staggered star spec set up an crappy coilovers.
I now have square kooks and custom valved koni's with a better spring package. I wont be really setting my car up for pgp though so who knows how this set up will do

And I don't think you need to be on the edge to get below the 17's. You just get killed if you don't hit your marks on that track. In a big car if you turn in to early or fail to carry speed through a couple of the tighter section you get killed
Old 04-21-2011, 09:19 PM

^ Honestly I was being polite because I wasn't sure how fast you were. Based on what I have seen and what Jared has done, and what Jerry says could be done, A great driver in your car with the new setup should be good for 1:13 or better. I was just trying to be polite in case you were running 1:20+. With the 1-2 seconds that you gain on the front and back straight with an s2k, compared to a miata, I can see that 1:17 would not be pushing too hard in an s2k with good tires and suspension. 1:15 is pretty good. I would expect that to be on or very near the podium in a street tire class depending on who came. It sounds like I'll have a very close competitor if we both make it on the same day. It sounds like you would be a little faster if your mods improve times the way it sounds like they should.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:01 AM

Do you have to preregister for the event? I really don't like putting my cc number on a form and faxing it in
Old 04-26-2011, 09:32 AM

At the past ones you could register day of if there are any open slots.
Old 04-26-2011, 04:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by misterwaterfallin
Do you have to preregister for the event? I really don't like putting my cc number on a form and faxing it in
Send in the registration form sans CC info. Preference is given to paid customers, but you can always call in to complete the loop.

Quick Reply: TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park