Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Old 01-06-2011, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there. I hope to see a few s2k's there. They normally offer the best competition.

And be be there, does this mean that the NSX is seeing competition for the first time?...
Old 01-06-2011, 01:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The NSX has seen competition before. However I won't be using it on Sunday. I'll be at the track working on my clone and shifter karts to prep them for the Stars of Motorsport event the following week.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:51 AM

Ok since none of my family members want to go during the rain/snow... I'll chicken out as well. Sorry guys! Hopefully february weather is better.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:23 PM

pppphhhhh!!!! Pansies.... lol

After last month's ice race, I am not too affraid of a little snow that has little to no chance of sticking. Now the Stars event next weekend should be interesting.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jerry, what lap time are you running in your nsx? my car just won't perform at PGP but then I'm bieng stubborn on not altering my big track setup either.

maybe I'm just not fast.
Old 02-04-2011, 07:00 PM

^ Are you having a lot of push? It seems tat most people who seem to struggle, are struggling with understeer. I think part of it is that many people get a little over zealous and bomb into corners a bit hard, and others just have a hard time getting the car to turn in on such tight cornering.

I would be curious to hear what jerry runs, as well as what you have been able to do. Always looking for someone quick to try and keep up with.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowv6,Feb 4 2011, 02:23 AM
Jerry, what lap time are you running in your nsx? my car just won't perform at PGP but then I'm bieng stubborn on not altering my big track setup either.

maybe I'm just not fast.
I haven't driven the NSX at PGP.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:24 PM

With the final winter lap attack this weekend, and the first of the spring in less than a month, Mike is asking that we put our heads together and try once more to come up with a good classing system.

The goals are to have:
Simplicity
Competitive groups
Fair for as many people as possible
Something to where newer drivers are not discouraged.

No matter what happens, Mike likes the idea of a novice class, and the FWD guys all seem to want there own class.

The old system was strictly on drivetrain. The current is Novice, FWD, Street tire, R-comp, and open. Even though this has been the layout, there have not been enough cars through winter to make it work, so it has still been mainly on drivetrain. The reason for the push once again to find a classing system is because I asked Mike today how we are going to run. If we are going to go off of drivetrain like we have, I will buy some race rubber, if we are going to do classing based on tire choice, I will settle for what I have right now.

Whatever we do settle on it should be as soon as possible. That way people who enjoy these events and want to be competitive can start prepping. So with once more stirring of the pot, Mike is trying to find any and all ideas to try and make the new classing as fun and competitive as possible. If you have any strong feelings towards any system, make sure Mike gets your input.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Does the current system force a FWD car with race tires into the R-comp group?
Old 03-07-2011, 01:46 PM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

For what it's worth, I still like the proposal Ray and I had:

Street tire(any engine) / FI / NA < 1.9 / NA >= 1.9 / novice (first timers, not tracked, sub 1:20s get pushed into proper drivetrain/tire group platform)

Quick Reply: TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park