Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Old 11-11-2010, 08:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On another note, are the new classes being used starting now?

I am also curious on why exactly we landed on this structure. I should be a step in the right direction, but not very far. As far as I can tell, we have taken the atoms and given them their own class and lumped everyone else together based on tire selection alone.

The end result will be the same as before. There should be a little competition for 3rd in r-comp, but Bundy and floyd will take 1-2 in r-comp. (if they show up) Street will be determined on who shows up and who decides to run street. If the heavy hitters decide to run street, we will have the same end result.

It seems that the only thing that keeps car separated on any kind of performance, is that cars like the atom, or non-registered will be lumped into their own category. This would be nice at getting rid or the heavy hitters if bundy and Jared were not street legal, but they are.

I don't want a class set that will ensure me a spot on the podium, but I would like to see one where given equal drivers and tires, there is a situation where there is more than one open spot on the podium.

Long-winded rant on nothingness over, I may end up on the podium anyway just due to lack of participation.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:20 PM

The calendar say prictice sarts at 9:00
Old 11-11-2010, 08:31 PM

Does that mean we have a "lapping day" till noon? That would be pretty sweet to get some extra track time.
Old 11-11-2010, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luder_5555,Nov 11 2010, 10:19 PM
(if they show up) Street will be determined on who shows up and who decides to run street. If the heavy hitters decide to run street, we will have the same end result.
Really? You think STREET TIRE will be won by whoever shows up and decides to run STREET TIRES? Yeah, it's probably likely that someone will win STREET TIRE on STREET TIRES.

By the way, I think Bundy falls into the Open class.

...If the "heavy hitters" run street tires, it will be entertaining to see them put power down.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:32 PM

To answer my own question, I called and found out that practice starts at 9 which could be an open lapping time or something along the lines of that depending on the attendance until he competition starts c
Old 11-12-2010, 03:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luder_5555,Nov 11 2010, 10:19 PM
On another note, are the new classes being used starting now?

I am also curious on why exactly we landed on this structure. I should be a step in the right direction, but not very far. As far as I can tell, we have taken the atoms and given them their own class and lumped everyone else together based on tire selection alone.

The end result will be the same as before. There should be a little competition for 3rd in r-comp, but Bundy and floyd will take 1-2 in r-comp. (if they show up) Street will be determined on who shows up and who decides to run street. If the heavy hitters decide to run street, we will have the same end result.

It seems that the only thing that keeps car separated on any kind of performance, is that cars like the atom, or non-registered will be lumped into their own category. This would be nice at getting rid or the heavy hitters if bundy and Jared were not street legal, but they are.

I don't want a class set that will ensure me a spot on the podium, but I would like to see one where given equal drivers and tires, there is a situation where there is more than one open spot on the podium.

Long-winded rant on nothingness over, I may end up on the podium anyway just due to lack of participation.
Run Novice until you get kicked out or until R-Compound tires become an irresistable option.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:00 PM

^ I don't want to run novice. I don't need to win. I just want a class system that makes more sense. All of the class structures that I suggested would heavily favor the s2k's and other cars that are light, but have more than 100 hp.

Really? You think STREET TIRE will be won by whoever shows up and decides to run STREET TIRES? Yeah, it's probably likely that someone will win STREET TIRE on STREET TIRES.

By the way, I think Bundy falls into the Open class.

I didn't say that street would be won by anyone on street tires. I said basically that whatever class bundy and jared run will be turned into a one open podium spot.

And by the new rules, Bundy is still in whatever class he decides to be in. He drives a mass produced car with unlimited modification. It is also registered and street drivien. He does trailer it most of the time, but it was street driven the last time that I talked to him.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by ALFYonso,Nov 11 2010, 02:28 PM
<<< Street Tire. WHO WANTS SOME????
Old 11-13-2010, 09:41 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

cluster alert2
Old 11-13-2010, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes cluster...

Of fun!! Anyone considering going should just man up and do it! It is likely that you can register on site so long as the event isn't full and it doesn't sound like it is

Quick Reply: TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park