Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Old 10-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Not to get off subject, but I though all Atoms came SC from the factory? They either came with a k20 or the Chev ecotech?
Old 10-14-2010, 10:52 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

There were/are options aplenty for engines through the evolution..... don't know about now but forsure in the past NA was standard and FI was an option.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm. those gt3's and the race preped m3 throw a wrench into my thinking. I guess that what it comes down to is that no matter what someone is going to be much faster than the other people in their class.

Withour either creating tons of classes or having a very complicated points vs. time scale, this is going to be damn near impossible to keep track of.

My one request would be to have the type of car and whether the tires were street of r-comp posted with the results. Even if it were on a different page, it would be nice to be able to put the names with cars when we look back at it.
Old 10-14-2010, 11:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who's this Tso character? ...competition

I think it's time to try something at least. No one is going to budge on what they think is the best option, so we might as well see where things end up with one of these.

Whatever falls out, I'm still in favor of an all street tires class

EDIT - Chris squeezed in a post as I was typing:

My one request would be to have the type of car and whether the tires were street of r-comp posted with the results. Even if it were on a different page, it would be nice to be able to put the names with cars when we look back at it.
This is something Ray brought up earlier sorta. I'd at least want this, and even some info on the car in regards to mods. It makes it easier to at least compare how you're doing against similarly equipped cars. As stated before, even if you aren't "winning," you've got data to use.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ exactly. Even just being able to better compare yourself to others afterward would be a huge improvement. Cause really the only people that I know well enough to remember are about half of you, kingsley in the white miata, Bundy, petty and koon. Other than that I really don't know what names go to what cars when I am looking back at the data.

Maybe how about whoever comes up with the best and easiest classing plan gets free admission to the next lap attack series, and a short bus award for each event that they don't make podium...
Old 10-15-2010, 06:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luder_5555,Oct 15 2010, 12:26 AM
I guess that what it comes down to is that no matter what someone is going to be much faster than the other people in their class.

Withour either creating tons of classes or having a very complicated points vs. time scale, this is going to be damn near impossible to keep track of.
You get the cookie. It doesn' matter how the classes are are setup, the same guys are going to win. The class structures are mostly for marketing purposes, so drivers can get excited about participation.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by RT,Oct 14 2010, 10:52 PM
There were/are options aplenty for engines through the evolution..... don't know about now but forsure in the past NA was standard and FI was an option.
Oh ok thx
Old 10-15-2010, 08:09 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

[QUOTE=ALFYonso,Oct 14 2010, 11:35 PM] Whatever falls out, I'm still in favor of an all street tires class

This is something Ray brought up earlier sorta.
Old 10-15-2010, 08:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ I disagree more than I agree with that. The gap between the guys on the podium and the "show up and drive" guys (the group it sounded like this was originally intended to be marketed to) is huge. Again, there's no way anyone on street tires is seeing that podium. If that's the approach, then can we just start timing lapping days and get some type of timing board up so we can at least see if we are faster than everyone we care about?

(Meant to be in response to Jerry)
Old 10-15-2010, 08:13 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by ALFYonso,Oct 15 2010, 08:11 AM
If that's the approach, then can we just start timing lapping days and get some type of timing board up so we can at least see if we are faster than everyone we care about?
x2

Ideally that would be the way to go so we can better place ourselves in a competitive field ...no matter what the car/modifications are. Then we can have a short breakdown of a mods list ie: tires/FI/car type etc. for more bragging rights ... or humiliation, whichever it works out to be. Ok do I get the free session for the best idea now?

Quick Reply: TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park