Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Old 09-13-2010, 08:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I am sure that we will be able to work something out, but I can see their point of view. The track is only two years old, and parts of it are already starting to get pit marks on it.

The biggest issues are the drift events. They have by far the most oil/coolant/fuel leaks, and all of the tire spinning doesn't help matters. If the turn out for those events was not as great as it is, they would prolly drop it.

The thing that they need to remember is that in the last 4 months anyway there have only been two or three cars that were there to race that lost any noticable amout of fluid. One being that civic hatch that was more show than go at the second lap attack, and the other that i was there for was an sti that blew an upper rad hose at the last lapping day. Neither cars would have passed an actual tech instection.

N.L.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:33 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Two words of potential enlightenment 'corrosion inhibitors'
Old 09-13-2010, 09:05 PM

^ watter wetter is supposed to help some, but if you have any other additives that would also help i would be very interested in hearing about them.

Distilled water is also a good idea vs water that will be a bit harder.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^ where do you get distilled water?

...Hoping the coolant thing gets reconsidered...
Old 09-13-2010, 09:50 PM

^ Any grocery store should have some for about a dollar a gallon.

$10 watter wetter
$2 distilled water

About the same as what a coolant flush would cost.

N.L.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:09 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by luder_5555,Sep 13 2010, 09:05 PM
^ watter wetter is supposed to help some, but if you have any other additives that would also help i would be very interested in hearing about them.

Distilled water is also a good idea vs water that will be a bit harder.
Distilled water????? I need to think about that one ..... seems like distilled water is "hungry" to pick-up minerals which maybe isn't what is wanted .... maybe some of the Internet heroes can "Google that Shit"

My secret additive for corrosion inhibitors?

wait for it .....

Wait for it ......

Anti-Freeze!
Old 09-14-2010, 12:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luder_5555,Sep 13 2010, 09:30 PM
^ I am sure that we will be able to work something out, but I can see their point of view. The track is only two years old, and parts of it are already starting to get pit marks on it.

The biggest issues are the drift events. They have by far the most oil/coolant/fuel leaks, and all of the tire spinning doesn't help matters. If the turn out for those events was not as great as it is, they would prolly drop it.

The thing that they need to remember is that in the last 4 months anyway there have only been two or three cars that were there to race that lost any noticable amout of fluid. One being that civic hatch that was more show than go at the second lap attack, and the other that i was there for was an sti that blew an upper rad hose at the last lapping day. Neither cars would have passed an actual tech instection.

N.L.
I tech'd the Civic that had the oil fire. I doubt the problem could have been identified even if you knew to look for it. It was a bad seal in a sandwhich plate. The leak only manifested under heavy engine load.

I'll inquire about the coolant requirements.
Old 09-14-2010, 01:09 PM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Distilled water is cheap and readily available. I seem to recall getting 2 gallon jugs at WalMart for under a buck for LeMons. Word of caution, the jugs are cheap as hell and will randomly spout leaks.

Old 09-20-2010, 02:04 PM

We are close to resolving the Coolant issue. Stay tuned.
Old 09-29-2010, 05:03 PM

In case you haven't noticed, the Winter Lap Attack! series starts Sunday October 10th, 2010. Since your first question will be whether you can run with Ethelyne-Glycol based coolant... the answer is yes. However, please keep that nugget on the Down Low until an official announcement comes out.

Regrettably, I'll be Miami that day but I expect all of you to still have fun without me.

Quick Reply: TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park