Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Old 07-21-2010, 06:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they do, it just takes a while.

N.L.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GEARHEAD,Jul 20 2010, 09:32 AM
Hey Jerry - any chance the results will be posted anywhere (MyLaps, etc)?

According to my laptimer, I had 3 laps in the 1:09's with a best of 1:09.6. This was good enough for 3rd place RWD behind the Atom and Z06. However, Bob Bundy was running a 1:08.8XX in his Turbo Miata and should have taken 2nd place but his transponder fell off and he didn't get a time for one session.

N.L.: not sure what the fastest street tire guys were running but I've lapped in the 1:13's on my RE070's before I had a supercharger. I think RT was running 1:13's or 1:14's on street tires in his GT-R. I'm guessing these are still some of the top street tire times from what I've seen.

I usually run top up for track events to reduce drag and improve airflow to the wing. At PGP speeds, I don't think it really matters. Not a very controlled test but, I just ran my fastest laps at PGP by 0.5 seconds with the top down compared to the majority of my laps with the top up. I'm sure top up is faster but I'll bet it's insignificant.
The raw results are here:
http://www.mylaps.com/results/showevent.jsp?id=567749

1:09.066 Counter Clockwise
1:11.093 Clockwise
1:09.634 Counter Clockwise

Public results should be up on Wednesday.

I think running with the top down made the flow dirty over your wing. Which goes back to our conversation in the pit that I think it is actually slowing you down at PGP. I have no doubt that it will benefit you on the big tracks. This is based on my observations at Buttonwillow, which has more in common with PGP than Pacific Raceways.

If you can, test it out. I'd be curious if the theory stands up to rigor.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my times were pretty poor. I was hoping to see the spread, but it won't let me see all my times unless I log in.
1:16.7, 1:17.3, 1:16.7

Those times would tell you I gave up a lot on the CW configuration seeing as I was only a half second off the pace of the CCW config. at least im consistent at bad driving haha
Old 07-26-2010, 10:23 PM

hey, it beats the heck out of my 1:19.007, 1:20.xxx, 1:18.1.

i am really hoping that i can pick up at least two seconds with some r888's next time out. hopefully i will be able to hit a lapping day before, but prolly not.

N.L.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by misterwaterfallin,Jul 26 2010, 06:28 PM
my times were pretty poor. I was hoping to see the spread, but it won't let me see all my times unless I log in.
1:16.7, 1:17.3, 1:16.7

Those times would tell you I gave up a lot on the CW configuration seeing as I was only a half second off the pace of the CCW config. at least im consistent at bad driving haha
Everyone is off pace in the CW configuration. The real time killer is slowing down for T15. The off-camber left-handed elevation change into an on-camber increasing elevation right-hander has a VERY narrow exit line. The rest of the track is arguably faster in reverse.

For what it is worth, in a kart you can maintain a greater relative speed entering T15. This is accomplished by skipping the camber change outright. You just need to hop the entrance curb and get airborne in a straight line. Works at up to 45mph. You touch down at the bottom of the bowl and hook the curbing on the inside of T14 to slingshot out. Even then, you are still three tenths off CCW times. Considering how brutal the experience is in a kart, I wouldn't dare try that insanity in a car. There is a VERY narrow margin for error.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by kelvin96gsr,Jul 21 2010, 07:18 AM
does pgp post up the event results I cant find them?
Results for the first two events may be found here: http://pacificgp.com/images/stories/site/s...tackScoring.pdf
Old 07-29-2010, 07:31 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

That's a f'ed up points system. 6th fastest at the first event has fewer points than 10th fastest at the second event....
Old 07-29-2010, 07:56 AM

that must not have loaded correctly on my computer. though i did try three times.

no jared, no atom guy? and some of the people on the leader board, which is only showing me pos 1-8 had DNF's or were way slower than me... and hat's saying something to be slower than me.

i am assuming that i will be editing this post later, once my competer is working better.

ok so ignore everything above the line. i guess that to see the actuall results, you need to be smart enough to scroll down...

N.L.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly,Jul 29 2010, 08:31 AM
That's a f'ed up points system. 6th fastest at the first event has fewer points than 10th fastest at the second event....
You can see the wickedness of a "participation" formula.

This kind of points scale helps prevent guys from getting last place in every event and somehow making the podium at the end of the season. I chose this implementation as there is so much demand for a limited number of driver slots. Not everyone will be able to get into every event unless they pre-registered for the entire season.

Besides it's way more pimp to get first place out of 15 drivers than first out of five.
Old 07-29-2010, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrypeterson,Jul 27 2010, 05:14 PM
Everyone is off pace in the CW configuration. The real time killer is slowing down for T15. The off-camber left-handed elevation change into an on-camber increasing elevation right-hander has a VERY narrow exit line. The rest of the track is arguably faster in reverse.

For what it is worth, in a kart you can maintain a greater relative speed entering T15. This is accomplished by skipping the camber change outright. You just need to hop the entrance curb and get airborne in a straight line. Works at up to 45mph. You touch down at the bottom of the bowl and hook the curbing on the inside of T14 to slingshot out. Even then, you are still three tenths off CCW times. Considering how brutal the experience is in a kart, I wouldn't dare try that insanity in a car. There is a VERY narrow margin for error.
I would have tried that move in the SM, but the s is my dd so I cant bang it up too bad

Quick Reply: TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park