Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Old 05-23-2010, 10:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park

Registration Form: http://www.pacificgp.com/images/stories/si...egistration.pdf

This is what you have been waiting for… bring your car for a Fastest Lap competition at PGP. It is time to backup the internet bluster and demonstrate who can really drive what. Show up with your car and drive on the most technical track in the Northwest. There is a simplified class structure in place and it won’t be necessary to decipher a hundred page rule book to complete registration. Bring the car you drove to work with or trailer in your four wheel mistress. $85 for an evening of racing on four track configurations… you won’t find a better value in car racing! Bring your friends to cheer you on. Bring your enemies to settle the score.

Your car will be classed by drive train type, Rear Wheel Drive, Front Wheel Drive, and All Wheel Drive. Trophies will be awarded to the best three entrants in each class. To reach the podium you must have the lowest combined lap time from three track configurations. You will have one out lap and three hot laps on each configuration.
1) South Long concourse counter clockwise
2) North Long concourse clockwise
3) Full Course counter clockwise
4) Full Course clockwise

Pre-registration is strongly encouraged as this event will only be open to the first 36 entrants.

This is a time trial event. You will have one session of ~7 minutes to establish your best lap time in each configuration. Transponder rentals are included with your entry fee. No passing allowed. The grid order will be managed to minimize traffic. No more than six cars will be on track at the same time.

Passengers are not allowed but an audience is strongly encouraged. Pit passes are $10 per person.

Convertables are allowed only with a hardtop or roll protection. The stock roll-hoops in an S2000 are allowed. Miatas require a hardtop or roll-bar to be allowed on track.

Registration Form: http://www.pacificgp.com/images/stories/si...egistration.pdf

Race Classes:
Open
* Low production vehicle (sub-500 annual US production numbers) (Excluding special editions of broad production vehicles like the Nissan 370Z Nismo edition or Corvette ZR1)
* Specific cars at the discretion of the race director. (This and previous line capture the Atom's and other uber cars)
* Any vehicle without a valid or current US or Canadian vehicle registration. (dedicated race cars and most kit cars)
* Any DOT tire allowed.
* Any performance modification allowed.

Race Tire
* Any street legal car that is not required to run in the Open class.
* Any DOT tire allowed.

Street Tire
* Any street legal car that is not required to run in the Open class.
* Street Tires required (140 treadwear or higher)

Novice
* Street Tires required (140 treadwear or higher)
* Points do not accumulate towards a season championship or a season trophy.
* Achieving three podiums total will bump you to one of the other three classes permanently or at the discretion of the Race Director.
* Novice drivers may voluntarily transistion or participate in the upper classes.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Sounds awesome!

Looks like I have some things to do in preparation if I want to make this one.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this going to be 5pm-9pm?..... racing at nite should be fun wit our hid lights on lol!!! i think it might just be a typo tho.... 9am-5pm right jerry or is it really at nite time?..... so its safe to say you will get 40 minutes of lapping rite? 4 ten minute runs....
Old 05-24-2010, 12:31 AM

I'm in.

Adam's in.

Still putting the word out.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:57 AM

This had to be on the day that I have graduation at UW. damnit
Old 05-24-2010, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by redap186,May 24 2010, 12:21 AM
is this going to be 5pm-9pm?..... racing at nite should be fun wit our hid lights on lol!!! i think it might just be a typo tho.... 9am-5pm right jerry or is it really at nite time?..... so its safe to say you will get 40 minutes of lapping rite? 4 ten minute runs....
This is not a typo. 5pm to 9pm. The idea is to leave work an hour early instead of taking the whole day off. Festivities end before the sun sets. Remember June has the longest days of the year in Seattle. The sun sets after 10pm!

A 7 minute qualification and 3 configurations of 7 minutes each. That works out to about 30 minutes of competition seat time. For a little bit more money than an Autox, you get 10 times the driving AND you don't have to work the course!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:44 AM

Now sticky.

Spread the word. Make sure your friend's register.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like some fun times! I'll see if I can get out there for this!

Old 05-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Just realized I will be in NM until the 12th. Guess I wont be making this deal.

Hopefully there will be more like it coming up again?
Old 05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Quick Reply: TRACK: Lap Attack! Series @ PGP Motorsports Park