Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Track info 2007

Old 12-30-2006, 05:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbender,Dec 29 2006, 10:48 PM
Just to be clear, am I correct in saying that the Audi Club only enforces the harness requirement for convertibles that are equipped with rollbars (i.e., sedans need not have bars or harnesses), right?
That is correct.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Dec 30 2006, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I remember that corner, assuming it was the time we were both down there. T2, right?
Must have been another event -- Turn 10, April '06.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cbender,Dec 30 2006, 11:18 AM
Must have been another event -- Turn 10, April '06.
Well, I was there for the Shelby Club and the CFRA. The T2 incident happened with the Shelby Club on Saturday. I think you only came for CFRA? I don't remember any problems with CFRA in T10, but we were in different rungroups IIRC.

Anyway, oil sucks. But oil dry sucks almost as much as oil, for a while.
Old 12-31-2006, 05:04 PM

I was there for both days, but I only remember oil in T10. Maybe that's because it's the only time I got sideways with the oil dry. But it was the first of the two days, when we ran the course counterclockwise.

In any event, I agree. Oil sucks. Oil-dry sucks almost as much. I'll never think "too slow" is slow enough the next I've got to drive over the stuff in a corner!

Have a good New Year, all.
CB
Old 12-31-2006, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by cbender,Dec 31 2006, 06:04 PM
I was there for both days, but I only remember oil in T10.
You were there for the second Shelby Club day, but the oil incident happened on the first day. Raining hard, plus a car dumping oil on T2. Not a good combination.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:37 PM

Dave and I did one day with Shelby (running CCW) and the second day with CFRA (running CW). Was the Shelby event a two-day event? If so, I guess we must have arrived for the second of the two days.
Old 01-01-2007, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by cbender,Dec 31 2006, 09:37 PM
Dave and I did one day with Shelby (running CCW) and the second day with CFRA (running CW). Was the Shelby event a two-day event? If so, I guess we must have arrived for the second of the two days.
Yup, The Shelby thing was a two day event. Sat morning was a novice school and Sat afternoon was lapping. Sunday was lapping all day. The oil incident happened on Saturday afternoon. Not only was the track oiled down but it was raining pretty hard too. It was also my first few laps at Thunderhill. Exciting!

Oil on the track is apparently a common occurance when running with the Shelby Club. An interesting mix of cars, almost all Fords. Everything from actual Shelby Cobras to Ford GTs to rustbucket Mustangs to actual NASCAR Winston Cup cars. The guy in the next pit stall had one of Bill Elliot's old road course cars.

But cars getting towed in were REALLY common. Also, not many of the Shelby guys were willing to drive Sat afternoon in the rain.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:42 AM

My observation about Shelby (having run with them at three different venues now) is that they have more mirrors than any group of cars I've seen (they all seem to have those segmented race mirrors that span the width of the car) and use fewer of them. Never have had more trouble getting by slower cars. They'd cruise through the corners, and just as I'd slingshot by on corner exit, they'd straighten the steering and stomp on the throttle, only to find me in their mirrors again at the end of the straight. Bleh!
Old 01-01-2007, 10:51 AM

Yeah, I'd run with CFRA any day, but I'm not too eager to have the Shelby Club experience again. Among other things, their passing rules were atrocious. "Point-bys optional" is a bad rule for a non-competitive event, IMO. It leads to people saying to themselves, "let him pass me if he can". Plus, you just never know if the guy knows you are coming past or not.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:27 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

JerJer, maybe you could just sticky this thread as a whole.
It's not obvious to people (I've come across it on three separate occasions now) that track info could/would be buried in a Regional forum/general posting guideline FAQ.

Quick Reply: Track info 2007