Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Tips for moving to Seattle with the S

Old 06-30-2008, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrypeterson,Jun 30 2008, 04:13 PM
I'd be worried about my car being stolen/vandalized/prowled when parking in the University district. Not only during the day (campus parking) but even in an apartment parking garage. I'd recommend commuting on the bus.
I'd listen to Jerry on this one. Finding new scratches, dents, etc was a daily routine for me with ALL my cars. I'd come home to fond some weirdo snooping around the parking lot walking inbetween the cars pulling all the door handles and hoping one was unlocked. That's also where I have a nice little gash on my rear fender as well. I'd seriously sound my alarm every other hour just for an false sense of security. LOL
Old 06-30-2008, 05:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wingle69,Jun 30 2008, 06:00 PM
I'd come home to fond some weirdo snooping around the parking lot walking inbetween the cars pulling all the door handles and hoping one was unlocked.
Me too. Then I would realize that guy was me, and I would stop doing it.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Jun 30 2008, 05:03 PM
Me too. Then I would realize that guy was me, and I would stop doing it.
*gasp* it WAS you Mike!!! I'm gonna ride my bike really close to your car next time I see you. I just have to buy a bike first ... Unless anyone wants to lend me one? LOL

On a serious note, "gated" communities and "closed" garages simply means the bad guy won't worry as much being bothered by people passing by. There was a 15 car parking garage that was never closed (or if it was it wouldn't open with the "clicker") It had fake cameras that everyone knew of. Let's just say the break-ins were never less than four a month. After a few robberies an old timer didn't bother putting in a new radio and just left the doors unlocked so the robber didn't bother punching out the locks. It was at one of the apts I warned you about btw.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ps. Avoid parking garages. They are dangerous.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...stabbing29.html
Old 06-30-2008, 11:03 PM
G2k

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Jun 30 2008, 10:16 PM
ps. Avoid parking garages. They are dangerous.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/loca...stabbing29.html
wow, and that was a recent event...home sweet home.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:29 AM

when i was chillin at my friends frat, i would see drunk dudes walking on the sidewalk along the cars parked kicking off a couple side mirrors. Make sure you protect your car!
Old 07-01-2008, 09:37 AM

to think of all these, and my buddy used to be driving his nsx to school.
and his girlfriend at the time driving a MRS... No problem with them what so ever.
He never baby that nsx cosmetically though...

and I found it funny and irony that the more you care about your car, it's getting more chances of hit.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wingle69,Jun 30 2008, 06:20 PM
*gasp* it WAS you Mike!!! I'm gonna ride my bike really close to your car next time I see you. I just have to buy a bike first ... Unless anyone wants to lend me one? LOL

On a serious note, "gated" communities and "closed" garages simply means the bad guy won't worry as much being bothered by people passing by. There was a 15 car parking garage that was never closed (or if it was it wouldn't open with the "clicker") It had fake cameras that everyone knew of. Let's just say the break-ins were never less than four a month. After a few robberies an old timer didn't bother putting in a new radio and just left the doors unlocked so the robber didn't bother punching out the locks. It was at one of the apts I warned you about btw.
Yep, a co-worker came out to his secured garage, only to find his Acura Legend show-car up on blocks!
Old 07-01-2008, 02:46 PM

wow u guys changed my mindset totally about the u district and parking garages. but nothing has happened to mines yet so lets hope it stays that way.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:31 PM

try and stay from "the ave" as well. My girl goes to uw and she tells me stories that happened around the ave.

Quick Reply: Tips for moving to Seattle with the S