Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Tips for moving to Seattle with the S

Old 06-26-2008, 07:23 PM
G2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tips for moving to Seattle with the S

Hey guys, its official, I'm transferring to UW and taking the S with me. I just started looking for locations to rent an apartment, but I don't know the Seattle area that well. Any good parts of town or places to rent that I should look into? A one bedroom with secure parking would be ideal, but I don't know where to start. Any places I want to stay away from? Thanks and see you guys down there!
Old 06-26-2008, 09:58 PM

TACOMA

"cus we rob yo $h!t son!!"

Naw, J/K

Welcome
Old 06-26-2008, 10:05 PM

Are you looking for a apt. or a house room? The house Im living in right now is only two years old and its not that far away from UW. Let me know if your interested.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can try The Bristol at Southport in Renton. It's at the southeast corner of Lake Washington. It's got secured underground parking. Tell them I sent you and we'll split the move in bonus.
Old 06-27-2008, 03:27 AM

guys, he's going to UW!!! With S2k, you could find couple of nice apt. around the U-district with nice underground garage. They are spendy, but if you already have a S2k and you are in college, I'm pretty sure you could afford it. The up side of it is that you don't need to worry about traffic and parking. Trust me, that will save you a lot of time and money. Get to UW from Suburb area meaning that you have to drive thru at least couple traffic black spots from any direction.

Been there done that, you don't want to be late with your finals, and knowing how college students live; getting up 1 hr ahead is not an option. (You may have party hard, or study hard the night before, or heck no sleep at all.) The more ridiculous thing is that the UW parking is not all that safe nor close by the campus. The distance are closed to the aforementioned apt.
Old 06-28-2008, 07:38 PM
G2k

thanks for all the replies. i'm interested for an apartment only. need space for myself. just started searching, does anyone know what places i should stay away from?
Old 06-28-2008, 10:40 PM

i am a current uw student and u shuld stay in the u district and stay away from all other places because its a pain in the ass to get to school commuting. I only live 7 miles away from uw and i wish i culd afford living in the u district and keep the s2000 but its one or the other for me. i have a whole house for rent about 9 miles away if your are interested has a garage and all that good stuff
Old 06-29-2008, 07:08 PM
G2k

Originally Posted by vietshiet501,Jun 28 2008, 10:40 PM
i am a current uw student and u shuld stay in the u district and stay away from all other places because its a pain in the ass to get to school commuting. I only live 7 miles away from uw and i wish i culd afford living in the u district and keep the s2000 but its one or the other for me. i have a whole house for rent about 9 miles away if your are interested has a garage and all that good stuff
you guys ever worried about your soft top being knifed down in the u district? just a thought
Old 06-29-2008, 09:15 PM

yea it culd happen but some apartments offer gated parking for like 40 a month or better yet garage parking but i see about two parked outside the frat houses all year round and they seem to be fine but i wuldnt take that chance
Old 06-30-2008, 04:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'd be worried about my car being stolen/vandalized/prowled when parking in the University district. Not only during the day (campus parking) but even in an apartment parking garage. I'd recommend commuting on the bus.

Quick Reply: Tips for moving to Seattle with the S