Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Thanks for a GREAT Drive!

Old 07-14-2001, 04:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kristie and I wanted to thank everyone for a fantastic drive today! Awesome amount of fun.

Great route Jerry. Thanks for the use of the communicator, Ken. A HUGE thank you Don & Meryl for the shirts. That was tremendously nice of you to do that.

As it turns out, we probably could have finished the route with you guys past Safeco. We got tied up in that traffic something god awful. Met up with Don again near the plateau, so I know we wasted a lot of time.

I'll post pics tomorrow.

Thanks again all for a fabulous day!
Old 07-14-2001, 06:33 PM

It was great to see everone again, or for the first time! That was a great turnout, and a really fun drive. Jerry, great job putting all that together.

It went really smoothly. The power of a caravan with radios is amazing! No one got lost, no fender benders, no tickets. And we ruled the lane changes!

Don & Meryl, thanks again for the shirts!

Here's final tally from the GPS (from the time we pulled out of Factoria Square until we stopped at Alki):

55.3 miles
2:46 moving
1:55 stopped
85.2 mph max speed
19.9 mph moving average
11.8 mph overall average

And here's one quick picture for now:

Old 07-14-2001, 09:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks Jerry. Great drive. I must admit that I was lost half of the time. Nice to see parts of the city I've never been to. I'm glad the weather cooperated too.

Don & Meryl, It was very generous of you to provide shirts for everyone. Very nice. Thanks!

Ted, Thanks for letting me pound on your brakes. I'm glad "wiseguy" didn't pound on me for climbing into thier red S2K instead of yours.

Thanks to everyone else for showing up. The great turnout made it that much more fun. Seemed like most people stopped counting after about 8 cars. At that point you could see the "oh my god" look on their face.

Great to see you all!

On a future drive lets go out of town. I've heard Hurricane Ridge is nice, but I've never been.
Old 07-14-2001, 11:55 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Old 07-15-2001, 09:59 AM

Thanks for welcoming a non-stook driver along for the ride - I had a great time. It was nice to meet all of you and check out your beautiful machines. I'll see if we can get an event together with the NSX club sometime. BTW, it may be a while before my right arm's tan catches up to my left arm, though. Days like yesterday make me wish I had a convertible. Days like today make me glad I don't

BTW, on a totally off-topic note, I have a pair of tickets to the Sade concert tonight (her first in 8 years), and with my wife out of town, it just won't be the same. Do any of the couples that I met on the drive want the tickets? If so, call me at (425) 985-0762.

Aaron

PS - My overall gas mileage from yesterday's drive was right around 16mpg. I guess that's what I deserve for driving most of the distance in the top of first gear
Old 07-15-2001, 12:05 PM

Just wanted to thank the organizers for putting this ride together. It was great to meet you and see the beautiful cars. I really loved the sound of going through the tunnel in 1st, great idea.

Due to the rain, I won't be getting to the driving school next weekend. We missed our Wild Waves trip scheduled for today. I'll be taking the kids next Saturday.

Any of you doing the National Tour Solo II in Bremerton at the end of the month? If so, see you there.

Randy Lawson
Yellow 2001
Old 07-16-2001, 08:33 AM

GREAT to meet everyone ...!!!

I have never driven soooo slow for soooo long but loved it.

Jerry ...Ted and all ....

Thanks ...Let's do it again

"Drive it like you just stole it"

Larry
Old 07-16-2001, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was fabulous to see everyone on Saturday! This was a great meet and I am happy the route worked out. The guys in the middle of the line received the best of the public reactions. I have video again, but still need to load of the editing software and secure some server space. I'll post pictures later this week.

Thanks again everyone, its the owners that really make driving a s2000 such a pleasure!
Old 07-16-2001, 11:45 PM

It was great to meet you guys on Saturday! Everyone was very nice and we had a nice time with you all!

Actually, I am not Katsumi, his wife, Mali is writing this
I made this registration by myself without his permit.

I'm very interested in my husband's car since last Saturday. I want to enjoy his car more than Katsumi!
So I'll visit this web page and lean something everyday.

Thanks again for evreyone, and
A HUGE thank you Don & Meryl for the shirts! You are so sweet!

Katsumi & Mali
2000 Black
Old 07-18-2001, 10:09 AM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Wore my new shirt today!
Thanks Don & Meryl, you guys ROCK