Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Suckanut

Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by 3ngin33r1,Apr 21 2009, 06:14 AM
Wankers.
Bloody
Old 04-21-2009, 08:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Apr 21 2009, 08:29 AM
I just havent experienced it on a road track in my car, its an expendature I dont have the resource for as much as I would love to get out there and kick some ass.
OK...let's be honest with ourselves. There's no question you like going fast, you just spent $$$ to get your car tooned (and blown up) by Carb Conn (what jerk offs...).

You could have just as easily spent that money doing track days. So saying you don't have the resources isn't exactly true...it's just the opportunity cost of trying to extract as much HP as you can out of your SC.

So let's be honest, you judged getting extra HP as being more important to you than getting onto the track. That's fine and good....but let's call a spade a spade here....
Old 04-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by urBan_dK,Apr 21 2009, 08:46 AM
OK...let's be honest with ourselves. There's no question you like going fast, you just spent $$$ to get your car tooned (and blown up) by Carb Conn (what jerk offs...).

You could have just as easily spent that money doing track days. So saying you don't have the resources isn't exactly true...it's just the opportunity cost of trying to extract as much HP as you can out of your SC.

So let's be honest, you judged getting extra HP as being more important to you than getting onto the track. That's fine and good....but let's call a spade a spade here....
I'm too honest sometimes lol but we dont care about that here, this is s2ki right? lol

Oddly enough my discision was a more practical longer term solution for me. I have other vices then the car to get my competition jollies off on, so your right. That doesnt mean however, If money was no object, I wouldnt be down at the track as well. There is only so much a single dude with a mortgage can handle when he has more then one hobby. My car is still my primary mode of transpertation and I like it that way, the car is too much damn fun to stay out of, I dont need the added help of killing it any faster on a racetrack, but I like a car that performs as such.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Apr 21 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm too honest sometimes lol but we dont care about that here, this is s2ki right? lol

Oddly enough my discision was a more practical longer term solution for me. I have other vices then the car to get my competition jollies off on, so your right. That doesnt mean however, If money was no object, I wouldnt be down at the track as well. There is only so much a single dude with a mortgage can handle when he has more then one hobby.
Word.

This single guy, who likes motorcycle track days, shooting guns, SCUBA diving, canyon carving, pointless aesthetic mods, cocaine , and has a mortgage, knows exactly what you mean.

But I'm still doing track days with the S2k this year, damn it!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Apr 21 2009, 09:51 AM
There is only so much a single dude with a mortgage can handle when he has more then one hobby. My car is still my primary mode of transpertation and I like it that way, the car is too much damn fun to stay out of, I dont need the added help of killing it any faster on a racetrack, but I like a car that performs as such.
That, plus the unfortunate fact that the lap timer just doesn't care how awesome you think you are. That can be kind of a bummer. Better to avoid the chance of that kind of embarassment.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Community Organizer

^^^ shit thats it! Maybe I need to get into the cocaine buisness too
Old 04-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Apr 21 2009, 08:58 AM
That, plus the unfortunate fact that the lap timer just doesn't care how awesome you think you are. That can be kind of a bummer. Better to avoid the chance of that kind of embarassment.
Mid life crises dudes
Old 04-21-2009, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Apr 21 2009, 09:00 AM
^^^ shit thats it! Maybe I need to get into the cocaine buisness too
Nope, it's expensive.

Oh wait, you were talking about selling...
Old 04-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Community Organizer

Old 04-22-2009, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky,Apr 21 2009, 08:29 AM
I never said "racing" was mind numbing, I was implying that an easy day of "parade lapping" for the sake of just getting on a track was what you were relating too That would be mind numbing for me. My experience in racing is in the dirt. Competing on race tracks and open events throught my life are my experience. I do enjoy the competition and do know a thing or two about being a competative racer conterary to what some might want to beilive here. I just havent experienced it on a road track in my car, its an expendature I dont have the resource for as much as I would love to get out there and kick some ass. I was symply agreeing with your observation of a focused "static" drive vs the focused, driving on some scenic and technical public roads.

What i'm about to say may crawl under some skin of a few, which I hope it does lol I should mention that though I do love speed and the feeling of being in control of a machine that is on the verge of being out of control, technically speaking it falls short and is rather numbing compared to the technical, sharpness and fitness level one has to employ to be a competative off road motorycle racer, that would go for motocross or open XC events, ive done both, but I prefure open XC, staying lower to the ground is a little smarter for me these days. lol I mean look at half of you guys, you look like hell lol but apperently your pretty fast on a road course. Bring on the weak sauce bitches, if you cant take it then dont bring it

...and easy Hollywood I got no beaf with you....yet

Let me preface this with "This might get under your skin a little".

First off.. You're spelling is sub-par at best.

Second: Calling everyone in the group fat, ugly, out of shape or otherwise isn't going to win you any points, that's a social faux pas. But you enjoy displaying your lack of social talent in terms of group dynamics over and over and that's fine, at least we know what to expect. It's ok though, it's nothing that's unforgivable. You are in better shape then most, agreed, however you're crude and tactless in that regard which is very unbecoming.

Third: You started a paragraph essentially stating that you hope you piss people off? Seriously? That's, well... kind of retarded man.

Fourth: After alienating everyone you possibly can, you then compare automobiles to motorcycles.... Once again, that's kind of retarded. I could compare track days to competitive sky diving or the adrenaline rush of being shot at, I could even compare it all to MMA cage fighting but what's the point? It's all different so there isn't a comparison. Your comparisons are along the same intellectual lines of attending a NASCAR race and turning to the fans next to you and saying, "I bet these guys couldn't do competitive Men's Gymnastics!" Well no shit Sherlock. Contrary to whatever the voices in your head tell you, not everyone in the S2Ki group has a hard on for Motorcycles.

I have attended 2 drives that you were at as well you were a very decent person, in person, but on online you're like... a shock jock. Like the Howard Stern or Rush Limbaugh of S2KI.com. You argue simply for the sake of arguing, you play devil's-advocate just to get a rise and you seek out attention whether good or bad like an only child.

So the only thing I have to add is:

Hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers!

Quick Reply: Suckanut