Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska
View Poll Results: what city?
Federal Way
71.43%
Renton
21.43%
Kent
0%
Tacoma
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

south end meet

Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spets
I'm fine with two separate meets. They are at different times on separate days, so if you can't make one you can make the other. I've been meaning to hit the Friday meets in FW, just been pretty busy with life after work. And it's good to have a Sunday meet too for those lazy days. Truthfully I want to do more drives, not just sitting around drinking coffee. Junky, when's the next drive?

Both places are close enough together to be considered south end. We already have a south end thread, we can leave everything up there in that one. No need to spam the forum with 3-4 separate threads on the same subject, although I do appreciate Linh wanting to set up a regular meet.

With life this year I am too busy to organize and/or host the south end gatherings on a weekly basis. I got a job, gf that wants my time, house stuff to work on, camping/hiking/sightseeing, computer games to play, etc. I wouldn't be very good if I don't show up to my own meets.
I agree Andrey maybe we just need to make one day out of the week to get all south enders together like on a Friday in Fedway or something? time 6-7pm? I know I would def make it since I get out of work at 5pm.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:12 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Thanks Spets and rosco for not being afraid to chime in and state your position/thoughts on the matter. We do need more South end guys to speak up to help make your meets better.

Spets, driving is the cornerstone of my fun and I enjoy sharing that (the coffee too) but more times then not its a spur of the moment thing due to life's schedules, so I will make it a point to include you in my plans as they arise. I do believe I have your # and will text you. Hope we can get together soon. I just blew my trans as I think I mentioned to you over PM, so I am out of commission for a couple weeks until I have the new one installed unfortunately.

I was actually in the middle of planning a RTC/Exotics pre meet and then drive this Saturday but that's now not going to happen obviously.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 PM

to be honest I think we have had a good thing going with our weekly meet at Puerto Vallarta... We have had 5 this summer and a BWW and 2 solid drives. hammered and himike have been the only other consistent members in attendance. Both of whom vote for federal way buffalo wild wings.
honestly I want to simply type an "In" on the south end meet page. I'm tired of txting everyone and scheduling to fit. Blah
junky will you please retitle the south end meet "Friday night Buffalo wild wings in federal way"
Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by danjoys2k
to be honest I think we have had a good thing going with our weekly meet at Puerto Vallarta... We have had 5 this summer and a BWW and 2 solid drives. hammered and himike have been the only other consistent members in attendance. Both of whom vote for federal way buffalo wild wings.
honestly I want to simply type an "In" on the south end meet page. I'm tired of txting everyone and scheduling to fit. Blah
junky will you please retitle the south end meet "Friday night Buffalo wild wings in federal way"
I can def agree to this danjoy, now if we can only get a majority to vote on this to make it a permanant meet. I don't mind any kind of drive as long as we can all meet up and have a good time talk about cars have a few cold ones or just eat and BS I even want to do a Sunday cars and coffee too lol for those that will not be able to make it to the usual meets on Friday or so.

On another note scheduling and organizing is a lot of work, so that being said posting it on the forum is always better to do ahead of time or go to the PacNW FB page and you can do the same. I would just schedule a date and time and where to meet to make sure that everyone sees it. Once you or any one of us can get the ball rolling it would be easier to manage. It's always hard at the beginning stage of anything. I know we can get this started and keep this going for quite some time.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by danjoys2k
I could yes, and are you assuming responsibility danjoy for helping to keep and organize the South end meets? Sounds like you have been helping to facilitate some this already? I'd like to get some positive confirmation from some other key south end guys before finalizing the sticky and your role in this.

Please chime in on this guys...

On a somewhat separate note, any plans to become a site member danjoy? I only ask because you are pretty new in the club yet, and am just trying to gauge your commitment level.

I do want to give you a big thanks for your help in keeping the South end meets going for the guys. Id like to see you guys continue to be more successful I have gone through growing pains with cultivating our North end meet as well and its always a work in progress to keep it going and growing. We have had pretty good success overall and I contribute that to some key people that regularly show up and Demographics, also being consistent, consistent, consistent, and if anything changes to communicate it, that means if you cant be there, to appoint someone you trust to speak on your behalf if need be. The Taco Tuesday guys have been meeting for over 10 years and are a great model to go by for what works. But ultimately you have to listen to what your regulars are saying and be willing to make some changes to keep them happy to continue to show up, wile also making the meets easily accessible to new people.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I work nights so I could only attend weekend events.
Old 08-23-2013, 01:35 AM

Also work nights a d weekends off. Sat prefer sun sometime. Two meets would be cool so if I miss one there is another
Old 08-23-2013, 04:40 AM

I understand that everyone has different schedules. I myself am a single parent, work full time, Have a girlfriend, and other responsibilities that make life difficult. I do not oppose your meet Vanish, I just mearly wish to establish an "official" south end meet. Hopefully we can keep your Sunday cars and coffee going. And eventually get it stickied as permanent meet. Your location, day and time has excellent potential, and IMO could easily become the largest meet in the PACNW. However I see one flaw and that is football season and Sunday morning Seahawks games. Lol
Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 AM
Community Organizer

danjoy, it seems there is a lot of support for Friday night Buffalo wild wings in federal way, judging by the pole. We can do one of two things, Update the current thread title and I can update Sungs OP with the details of the meet ie; address/phone number or link to location provided to me by you? Or we can send the current meet thread into the abyss and you can start a new official south end meet thread with all the information, and I can sticky that. Let me know what you guys want to do. Either way the OP should provide the meet location details to alleviate any confusion.

For anyone else who wants to post a separate thread for meet ups when and where ever, I totally encourage that, but for now there is only one official South end meet which will be stickied to the top of the page with the other official weekly meets.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been trying to support the south-end meets for a long time. The core members have seen it too.
Honestly got sick of the bullsh!t complaints of "too far", my man taco hurts, "let's do a different day & time cuz my schedule doesn't work with....." fcuking ..... I've put in ideas of restaurants, times, etc. and only got a few faithful south end guys coming out. I understood some of you military boys are out or on call, which we all greatly appreciate I've seen more effort from you guys and the most supportive of the meets

If need be, I'll step up to the plate as requested.

Let's cut the sh!t Keep the south end thread going, if you have an idea post it there. If it ain't broke don't fix it. "Watch this space for dates and places" Done.

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
One of the long time Members of the South end I feel needs to step up to the plate and start calling the shots on the meet details. HiMike? But anyone that wants to show the initiative and take on the responsibility should be considered. Democracy is an important element in this, but in my experience, if there is not a consistent person making the final decision, the meet will fizzle out due to confusion and lack of organization. Who ever takes the lead for the South end guys should be respected.

If there is a pole, for now it should be electing someone to take the lead on the South end meet. Anything beyond that can be decided by them on behalf of the South end crew. That's my thought on the matter.

If you want to nominate yourself to take the lead, PM me and I will post your name for a separate pole thread. If I get no feedback/names you guys can work it out amongst yourselves in what ever fashion you like, and I wish you good luck. Let me know.