Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska
View Poll Results: what city?
Federal Way
71.43%
Renton
21.43%
Kent
0%
Tacoma
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

south end meet

Old 08-22-2013, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default south end meet

So here it is cast ur votes
Old 08-22-2013, 11:24 AM

My opinion. There's already a south end group, and has been for awhile. As you can see from the stickied thread....
Old 08-22-2013, 04:41 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by HAMM3RED
My opinion. There's already a south end group, and has been for awhile. As you can see from the stickied thread....
+1
Old 08-22-2013, 05:02 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

One of the long time Members of the South end I feel needs to step up to the plate and start calling the shots on the meet details. HiMike? But anyone that wants to show the initiative and take on the responsibility should be considered. Democracy is an important element in this, but in my experience, if there is not a consistent person making the final decision, the meet will fizzle out due to confusion and lack of organization. Who ever takes the lead for the South end guys should be respected.

If there is a pole, for now it should be electing someone to take the lead on the South end meet. Anything beyond that can be decided by them on behalf of the South end crew. That's my thought on the matter.

If you want to nominate yourself to take the lead, PM me and I will post your name for a separate pole thread. If I get no feedback/names you guys can work it out amongst yourselves in what ever fashion you like, and I wish you good luck. Let me know.
Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Community Organizer

Lig do you have any thoughts?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:22 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes I do.

Honestly don't see the need to splinter the south end group. FW and Renton are pretty darned close to each other.

Now if we are talking about separate days and each meet were thriving that would be another matter.

Not entirely sure we are there yet.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Community Organizer

I agree, makes sense to me Lig

I would be curious if we took a pole, to see how many members/guest chimed in on supporting the original South end meet and one in Renton, to at least get a gauge on amount of attendance in those areas areas at this point. We do still seem to be growing.

As I've stated before, ultimately Demographics wins, its going to determine the level of attendance in a given location, days and times will dictate some too of course, but those are details they can work out. I'm pretty Neutral in this matter, I don't know the South end that well and so I really don't feel I should dictate how or where they want to meet. I just want to help facilitate and support the majority with growth/activity in mind. My only real position shared with you Lig, is that if fracturing the original group that's been in the making for the last 3 years eliminates a solid and consistent attendance in any location, then we are working against ourselves and we have a problem. I also feel we should all be fair to the guys that have been meeting on the south end regularly to date.

At any rate, I do think it would be valuable at this point for someone responsible and consistent from the south end to step up to the plate and do whats necessary to help hold a solid meet together.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by HAMM3RED
Old 08-22-2013, 09:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm fine with two separate meets. They are at different times on separate days, so if you can't make one you can make the other. I've been meaning to hit the Friday meets in FW, just been pretty busy with life after work. And it's good to have a Sunday meet too for those lazy days. Truthfully I want to do more drives, not just sitting around drinking coffee. Junky, when's the next drive?

Both places are close enough together to be considered south end. We already have a south end thread, we can leave everything up there in that one. No need to spam the forum with 3-4 separate threads on the same subject, although I do appreciate Linh wanting to set up a regular meet.

With life this year I am too busy to organize and/or host the south end gatherings on a weekly basis. I got a job, gf that wants my time, house stuff to work on, camping/hiking/sightseeing, computer games to play, etc. I wouldn't be very good if I don't show up to my own meets.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
As I've stated before, ultimately Demographics wins, its going to determine the level of attendance in a given location, days and times will dictate some too of course, but those are details they can work out. I'm pretty Neutral in this matter, I don't know the South end that well and so I really don't feel I should dictate how or where they want to meet. I just want to help facilitate and support the majority with growth/activity in mind. My only real position shared with you Lig, is that if fracturing the original group that's been in the making for the last 3 years eliminates a solid and consistent attendance in any location, then we are working against ourselves and we have a problem. I also feel we should all be fair to the guys that have been meeting on the south end regularly to date.

At any rate, I do think it would be valuable at this point for someone responsible and consistent from the south end to step up to the plate and do whats necessary to help hold a solid meet together.
I def agree junky, I would wanna set up things such as meets and upcoming events but I am not home right now lol, it used to be a spur of the moment kind of meets and usually sung would set something up before. Now there really needs to be weekly attendance and I know that not everyone will always be able to make it. I guess we will see how things are when I get back and I know that we are approaching winter but none the less the South End Meets needs to stay alive and not argue about making up new meets and such. I know that there are plenty of us here in the South End that can make it happen, but since I am not there until mid Sept I really can't do anything but to observe things as of right now. I've been to plenty of the meets in the south end and also notice that it could always be better! with that being said once we get the ball rolling on who the organizer is, when do we meet, what time do we meet, and what place it would be a permanant spot for the Official South End Meet. We usually meet up at The Palace Korean BBQ spot in Federal Way alot so I think it would be benifcial to both areas since it is in the middle and that we can compromise to that area for a weekly meet? Any suggestions would be great if no one thinks that this is fair?

As stated we need the South End members to chime in and make this a GO! Don't worry this will not hurt my feelings if anyone disagrees but I am stepping up to make this a good weekly meet and maybe a better meet and drive