Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

someone threw a rock at my car

Old 03-16-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone threw a rock at my car

Wow,

I gotta say this has been a strange week. Well everyone know that I went turbo a while back so I will start there.

The car was acting funny one day and was going lean strangly when I would go into boost and other than that the car ran fine. So I went around in my spare time the last month tracking that down with my tuner. Turned out to be some bolts that have come loose and I tightened them up on wednesday but didn't have time to drive. So I decide to drive it today. Well noone here my know but the car isn't quiet when in boost. Twin wastegates and single exhaust means when I am in the throttle the car is a come'in. So I get out on the main road and jump first a bit and blip second (35mph zone). I then turn onto the highway and blip second up to 55 maybe a little over( got to be careful with all the swat work that is going on around the port) then proceeded to go back and forth a couple times. Well on my third pass heading to go put the car in the garage a guy on the left steps out points and yells while a second guy jumps by a mailbox to the right. So I slow down to watch out for them and the second guy throws a huge a$$ rock right into the passenger side of the car. Just crazy. Well I am not the one to start a conflict with two on one so I went home (two minutes away and reported the incident). Well we all know that the cops can't do anything without witnesses and I am screwed on that end (there was a truck close by that I know works down the road so on Monday I will try them).

Well thanks for listening and $500 dollars (my deductable) later the car will be fixed up in a couple weeks.

The stupid bubba mentality of a small town.

Chris
Old 03-16-2007, 06:21 PM

that sucks
Old 03-17-2007, 07:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if that happned to me, sadly i'd be posting up from jail. i woulda thrown a rock at the ****ers head!
Old 03-17-2007, 09:37 PM

I thought about it but being that I was so close to home I didn't want to start a get even feud so close. Family has to come first.

-Chris
Old 03-17-2007, 10:33 PM

Ouch. That sucks. I woulda stopped.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:44 PM

I would've done a drive by.
Old 03-18-2007, 11:29 AM

I've thrown a rock (large brick) at a car before but that's because he was speeding through a neighborhood full of children on a regular basis. Needless to say, he doesn't speed through neighborhoods with children anymore.

As for your car. That sucks man, maybe their negative Karma comes to fruition in a most unfortunate manner. Maybe that guy will end up pulling you out of a burning building 5 years from now and you won't even know to forgive him for throwing that rock 5 years back.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:07 PM

How bad is the damage? Were they kids or adults? Kids do stupid things and a kick in the ass along with remunorations from the parents would be sufficient. Now adults, thats a different story. A .45 ACP Black Widow to the head might be appropriate, although a jury might not understand the emontional stress an S2000 owner experienced from such an incident.
Old 03-18-2007, 04:10 PM

Thats why I don't carry any of my guns in the car.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:08 PM

I am glad I didn't have my firearm. The judges look bad even on a citizen arrest around here. The sad part is the guys are in there 50's. Really sucks. What bites is if none of the witness leads hold up I don't have anything. Besides that I don't want to waste to much tax dollars on this. I would rather have the local guys working on the drug problems. Their task force has been doing a pretty good job. Mos to fthem come through the place I work so I kinda get updates when this close out and become public.

I cold have understood something in a housing developemnt or something but this is the main road and highway.
-Chris

Quick Reply: someone threw a rock at my car