Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

So I got in an accident

Old 02-14-2013, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Junky, is this the place you are talking about that did a good job? Looks like it is pretty well established..it has been around since the 70's.
http://www.rnrauto.com/
Old 02-14-2013, 10:33 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by EricJT7
Junky, is this the place you are talking about that did a good job? Looks like it is pretty well established..it has been around since the 70's.
http://www.rnrauto.com/

Yes
Old 02-14-2013, 10:45 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

I wonder if insurance will total it. I see at minimum a new door and rear quarter (assuming they don't cheap out and try and bondo), new front quarter panel, new front bumper cover, one wheel and its suspension components (upper and lower control arm, coilover possible) likely entire new paint job if done right. Parts and labor probably excess of 10k. Not sure what the blue book is on that specific year/mileage. I think Insurance has a % level of the blue book they will cover for before claiming it a total loss. Depending on what happens, it could still work out in your benefit. Might cash you out and total it, you can buy it back for minimal amount, take that money that's left over and either take it upon yourself to fix, or pick up an older ap1 and use this as a parts car. This is all speculation, but gives you something to consider.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank you all for some very good, informative responses. I am planning on taking my car to multiple shops for quotes and will definitely look into the ones you guys recommended. I definitely want it fixed and hope they don't total it. I will keep this updated either way!

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
....and the receptionist there are Hawt! Because that matters
Originally Posted by urBan_dK
Sorry to hear.

In general, it is not a good idea to admit fault in person or through an online post such as this (not saying you did or didn't admit fault). Such admissions can come back to get you.

I hope you can get her back as good as new.
Yeah I know that's exactly what people have told me. There were 4-5 different witnesses that gave their stories to the police. I also received a ticket on the spot for failing to observe a traffic device. I think no matter what I will be stuck with the blame

I wonder if insurance will total it. I see at minimum a new door and rear quarter (assuming they don't cheap out and try and bondo), new front quarter panel, new front bumper cover, one wheel and its suspension components (upper and lower control arm, coilover possible) likely entire new paint job if done right. Parts and labor probably excess of 10k. Not sure what the blue book is on that specific year/mileage. I think Insurance has a % level of the blue book they will cover for before claiming it a total loss. Depending on what happens, it could still work out in your benefit. Might cash you out and total it, you can buy it back for minimal amount, take that money that's left over and either take it upon yourself to fix, or pick up an older ap1 and use this as a parts car. This is all speculation, but gives you something to consider.
KBB values it at ~ 19-20k. The really crappy thing about it is I just finished paying it off at the end of last year I should know sometime mid next week what they will decide.
Old 02-15-2013, 11:52 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Well good luck with everything. Yeah let us know how things turn out.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fliggin
I want to thank you all for some very good, informative responses. I am planning on taking my car to multiple shops for quotes and will definitely look into the ones you guys recommended. I definitely want it fixed and hope they don't total it. I will keep this updated either way!

Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1360779520' post='22335260
....and the receptionist there are Hawt! Because that matters
Originally Posted by urBan_dK
Sorry to hear.

In general, it is not a good idea to admit fault in person or through an online post such as this (not saying you did or didn't admit fault). Such admissions can come back to get you.

I hope you can get her back as good as new.
Yeah I know that's exactly what people have told me. There were 4-5 different witnesses that gave their stories to the police. I also received a ticket on the spot for failing to observe a traffic device. I think no matter what I will be stuck with the blame

KBB values it at ~ 19-20k. The really crappy thing about it is I just finished paying it off at the end of last year I should know sometime mid next week what they will decide.
Sorry to hear about your accident, but great that everyone made it out safe! After a little research, from what i seen, it looks like 70% or more of the actual cash value of your car, will then be deemed a "total loss". I agree with Junky, if i were you, i might cross my fingers that it did become a total loss. Remember, the actual cash value (ACV) is not necessarily KBB ect. It's more like "fair market value". Either way, best of luck to you, and please, please find a good shop! I found out the hard way! Best of luck!