Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

So I got in an accident

Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I got in an accident

You can skip to after the pics if you don't want a story...

Around 9:45 tonight I hit another car right near the Mill Creek town center, Bothell Everett Hwy near the Bostons entrance. I swerved to miss a CRV entering the intersection, hitting it on it's left front bumper, doing some extensive body damage to the whole right side of my car The engine did not stop, air bags didn't go off, and I even drove my car out of the intersection into the fire department lot. Before I even looked at my car I ran out into the intersection to help the woman I hit pull her bumper out from under her car so she could get off the road, and ran back over to see the damage to my car. I was actually shocked that I was able to drive anywhere as the upper control arm was severed and the wheel was hanging at ~45 degree angle. Even though I shouldn't have been looking over at my brother in the passenger seat, I think this was the best possible outcome considering I ran the light. I could have t-boned her by not swerving, or hit the back of her car, probably doing more damage to both vehicles. It looked like her car only had the front bumper ripped off. I don't have pics of hers, but my brother did snap some. Below are the pics I took tonight. Tomorrow in the daylight I am sure it will look worse.

Anyway, I am looking for information on any reputable shops to take my car to for a quote. For the most part price shouldn't be too big of an issue as my insurance should cover the damage minus my hefty deductible. I am looking around the Lynnwood to Everett area, and obviously would like my car fixed properly. I hate using the "insurance preferred" shops because usually their work is sup-par. Any and all help is appreciated!

Thanks guys
Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about the accident

If it weren't a car I cared as much about as my S2000, I would feel comfortable enough taking it into Evergreen Autoworks off the Bothell Everett Highway, which I would consider one of the best "insurance preferred shops" I know of in the immediate area.

However, if my S2000 were damaged as in your case, I would be consulting others as well.
Here's a link to another thread someone started about body shop recommendations in the Seattle vicinity.

https://www.s2ki.com/...1#entry21964414

Recommendations based on the above thread include:
--Aldercrest Auto Rebuild in Lynnwood ???
--McLeod Auto Body in Kirkland http://www.yelp.com/...o-body-kirkland
--Queene City Auto Rebuild (Bellevue/Redmond) http://www.yelp.com/...rebuild-redmond

***RNR Automotive Refinishing*** Bellevue, Washington http://www.rnrauto.com/
Located in Bellevue, Washington, RNR Automotive Refinishing has been specializing in premium auto body repair since the late seventies. Our facilities are state-of-the-art. Look at our work, our reputation and what our customers and local automotive dealers have to say, and we're sure you'll entrust us with your vehicle.

"Our technicians are factory trained and certified by BMW, Lexus and Toyota and they are Acura approved."
Old 02-13-2013, 05:20 AM

Never used them myself but, Absolute Auto Body in Lynnwood was rated #2 in western WA
Old 02-13-2013, 05:27 AM

I used Mcleod auto body to paint a lip, they did a good job and I have no complaints. Not the same thing as repairing your damage, but they have good yelp reviews and were courteous and helpful.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 AM

Thoroughbred collision on exit 26 405 ill be working there for a couple weeks before I go back to the bellevue shop
Old 02-13-2013, 09:18 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Damn man that sucks! Hope you can get it fixed and soon. If something like this were to happen, it would be better this time of year then top down weather I guess. So you ran a red light?

I had some pretty extensive work done to my s about 6 years ago at McLeod. My experience with them was not 100% satisfying, I don’t think id want to take my car back to them. I think I would try R&R automotive over in Bellevue which is between Bell Red RD and 20th st. I’ve had the bosses cars sent there on multiple occasions and have always been satisfied with their quality of work and turn around time, unlike McLeod’s. R&R does do a lot of Bellevue’s higher end cars ....and the receptionist there are Hawt! Because that matters
Old 02-14-2013, 02:07 PM

Sorry to hear.

In general, it is not a good idea to admit fault in person or through an online post such as this (not saying you did or didn't admit fault). Such admissions can come back to get you.

I hope you can get her back as good as new.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by powdertrax
Never used them myself but, Absolute Auto Body in Lynnwood was rated #2 in western WA
Sorry to hear about the accident, but luckily nobody was seriously injured. If you were driving a bit wreckless, I hope you calm it down a bit on the streets. As for body shops...

Do NOT go to Absolute Auto Body in Lynnwood or Everett. Terrible business, buyer beware!

Don't trust the King 5's "Best in Washington" junk and don't let their fancy website fool you. I had the worst customer experience from that shop and I dealt directly with the Owner. I took my S in for a simple bumper replacement and paint. Paint job quality was garbage. Orange peel and runs in the paint. OEM screws replaced with screws you use for wood work. My car ended up getting a slight dent and scrape on the quarter panel when they installed the bumper. OK -- I called them out on it. The owner, Troy, said they would fix it, but all they did was give me a B.S. run around and wasted my time. It would have been better if they just refused to fix it so I could get on my way. All they did was buff the area, crappily apply some touch up paint, and shave off parts of the bumper bolt hole to push in the bumper more. That's just ridiculous. Took me about 4-5 trips to the shop and several phone calls to get to this point. I had enough of the nonsense and just stopped going back. I'll likely be taking my S into another shop this summer to get things really fixed.

Abosolute Auto Body in Lynnwood or Everett (same owner) - If you value quality and your time, don't even bother.

Go with a known body shop that is reputable with local S2000 owners.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:28 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Originally Posted by HungryHippppo
Originally Posted by powdertrax' timestamp='1360765252' post='22334495
Sorry to hear about the accident, but luckily nobody was seriously injured. If you were driving a bit wreckless, I hope you calm it down a bit on the streets. As for body shops...

Do NOT go to Absolute Auto Body in Lynnwood or Everett. Terrible business, buyer beware!

Don't trust the King 5's "Best in Washington" junk and don't let their fancy website fool you. I had the worst customer experience from that shop and I dealt directly with the Owner. I took my S in for a simple bumper replacement and paint. Paint job quality was garbage. Orange peel and runs in the paint. OEM screws replaced with screws you use for wood work. My car ended up getting a slight dent and scrape on the quarter panel when they installed the bumper. OK -- I called them out on it. The owner, Troy, said they would fix it, but all they did was give me a B.S. run around and wasted my time. It would have been better if they just refused to fix it so I could get on my way. All they did was buff the area, crappily apply some touch up paint, and shave off parts of the bumper bolt hole to push in the bumper more. That's just ridiculous. Took me about 4-5 trips to the shop and several phone calls to get to this point. I had enough of the nonsense and just stopped going back. I'll likely be taking my S into another shop this summer to get things really fixed.

Abosolute Auto Body in Lynnwood or Everett (same owner) - If you value quality and your time, don't even bother.

Go with a known body shop that is reputable with local S2000 owners.
Sounds like a similar experience I had with McLeod's
Old 02-14-2013, 08:54 PM

I figured I'd post and say sorry to hear about your accident. I also used to own an ap2 Laguna and its sad to see any s2k have damage. Hope you figure things out, and hope your baby makes it out even better than before.

Quick Reply: So I got in an accident