Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Seats Stolen Last Night - Seattle

Old 11-03-2008, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lambera,Nov 3 2008, 07:51 PM
Mine was in the drive way with two other cars and my bike. It not in the garage because I have a garage but Im a few mins south of Seattle.

No one else was messed with not even the boxter next door.

I did call the police and they made me file a report online.....

Going to call the insurence tomorrow. The leather is a bit damaged from all the rain too.

Also the neighborhood is a high income area and we have never had any issues here.
well that's a dead give away. I'm pretty sure the @$$ muches wouldn't target a low income housing area: 1) they all have guns 2) not as many nice things for them to jack. 3) their neighbors know what they look like

Laugh all you want. I actually know someone who ended up jacking his neighbor's car while it was parked at a different location. Dumb @$$ didn't read the plates and ended up getting a 400 lb samoan tatoo his face. Then again, this was back in Oahu.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seat locks!
Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 PM

although this won't stop them from cutting my top, I also would like to invest in some seat locks.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:04 PM

hmmm..
i might keep an eye out on Honda-Tech
or something like that..usually one of the places they will turn up if not craigslist already

sorry to hear about your loss...im thinking about buying a car cover or something for mine now..
Old 11-03-2008, 10:23 PM

We should all rebel against this by buying seat locks in every one of our cars! If they keep getting away with seat theft, it'll just make them want to do it more because they know how easy it is and how they can get away with it everytime. Sure they'll cut our tops but wouldn't it be a better feeling that atleast they didnt get away with our seats? There's gotta be something we can do.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly,Nov 3 2008, 11:36 PM
1) Seattle is a very high theft area.

2) Seat theft has been common since the get go, and even more common once the Civic ricers found out they can use them easily.

3) You're delusional. Even if 99% of people are respectful, that still means 1% are out there fuvking things up. The guys cutting your tops for a quick pay day are in that 1%.

Have a nice day!
have a good night!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WSB - I think Addicted meant the rise was surprising. Of course the vandalism has always been around, and we know why, but it seems like it's accelerated lately... which is harder to explain.

Either way, very sad. I keep telling myself to order locks...
Old 11-03-2008, 11:35 PM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Wow, that sucks! Hope it all works out.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:42 AM

On Saturday I talked with 2 different people within a half hour that both had the unfortunate experience of having their homes robbed. One of the guys even had an ADT home security system that the thieves were able to find a way around. ALL theft is up due to the economic situations.

A cut top and stolen seats sure as hell beats losing everything of value in your house.

"Always look on the bright side of life." -Monty Python
Old 11-04-2008, 11:17 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by WyattH,Nov 4 2008, 01:12 AM
WSB - I think Addicted meant the rise was surprising. Of course the vandalism has always been around, and we know why, but it seems like it's accelerated lately... which is harder to explain.

Either way, very sad. I keep telling myself to order locks...
Is it really up, or are we just getting a few coincidental anecdotes? We don't have a sample of all S2000 owners, only a small fraction.

BTW, I do expect property crime to increase. It always does during recessions. Which reminds me, I need to move my car so it's not visible from the road.

Quick Reply: Seats Stolen Last Night - Seattle