Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

S2000 as a daily driver in the Seattle area

Old 12-07-2007, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent a winter in Jackson Hole. Snowmobiling is, in fact, some of the most fun you can have on the snow. (Second only to being dropped onto a snowy peak by a helicopter with a set of skis.)
Old 12-07-2007, 06:16 PM

actually, i have been the passenger in a totalled car, so i am very wary of different weather and road conditions first hand. about 10 mph faster and we would have been tossed over the guardrail and down a 50 foot ravine.

and REALLY?! if theres money involved and your gonna use a miata... i guarantee id win. s2k vs s2k you have more track experience than i, but miata vs s2k??? come on now gents.... i can drive.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lig,Dec 7 2007, 06:38 PM
since none of us can drive

- i suggest fastest lap time @ Pacific Raceways wins this little brouhaha

green vs. 124 Spider

mad skilzzz ftw!
That sounded like a group challenge. We should all bring something resembling stock cars to the track. Since we collectively don't know much about driving we could obviously could use more "practice" at the track.

Jeff, baiting a new users into an environment they may not be prepared for is poor form. You just lost one "Nice Guy" point.

Mark, just a modest suggestion. While I completely agree with the substance of your arguement, you might be more successful getting your point across with a softer tone.

Green_IS_Gold. Please take a moment to review the forum FAQ. Your posting experience may improve greatly.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=362932
Also, please remove the PacNW badge from your signature line. When we get a chance to meet you in person, we will add it to your profile. I'm sure it was an honest mistake, but this process is important to the operation of this board.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrypeterson,Dec 7 2007, 07:22 PM
That sounded like a group challenge. We should all bring something resembling stock cars to the track.
Mark's car is street licensed.

I'm not sure if this really counts as baiting the new fish. It seems to me that he's doing a pretty good job of self-baiting. Problem is, some people can't back out of an argument even when they are on the wrong side. Mostly these people are young and male....
Old 12-07-2007, 06:35 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

having some personal issues right now. more of a d!ck than normal. this is getting good though.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Dec 7 2007, 07:34 PM
Mark's car is street licensed.
True that; here's proof from the track day two weeks ago, when I kept the front plate on. It's licensed and insured. Even passed emissions a couple of months ago (it really is a stock engine). I drive to the track, even for race weekends (although I take the front plate off for racing ).
http://www.redmistphoto.com/gallery/...227364164-A-LB

Originally Posted by mikegarrison,Dec 7 2007, 07:34 PM
I'm not sure if this really counts as baiting the new fish. It seems to me that he's doing a pretty good job of self-baiting. Problem is, some people can't back out of an argument even when they are on the wrong side. Mostly these people are young and male....
Jerry, I appreciate your points. But I do have to agree with Mike. Greenie was a bit stubborn.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Green_IS_Gold,Dec 7 2007, 07:16 PM
actually, i have been the passenger in a totalled car, so i am very wary of different weather and road conditions first hand. about 10 mph faster and we would have been tossed over the guardrail and down a 50 foot ravine.

and REALLY?! if theres money involved and your gonna use a miata... i guarantee id win. s2k vs s2k you have more track experience than i, but miata vs s2k??? come on now gents.... i can drive.
Greenie, I'll throw you the olive branch that Jerry is favoring.

We old folks (meaning, mostly, those of us over 25, and, especially, those of us well more than twice that), who pay lots of money to insure these beautiful cars, are a bit touchy about people who evince a, shall we say, cavalier attitude toward safety. We also have a bit of experience (ask Mike about the hazards of rain), so we actually know what we're talking about.

And, as it happens, most of us are pretty good drivers. Or, actually, better than that.

So, it's like waving a red flag at a bull to tell us about your mad driving skilz, when we know that even Schumacher could easily spin out in a car with poor tires in standing water. You would do well to listen, even if you don't like the tone of our banter.

I hope you take this a bit to heart, and that you enjoy your S2000 responsibly.

And, just so Liggy isn't the only dick on this thread, I'll say that, unless you are quite good on the track with your S2000, I'd eat you for lunch with my Miata.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

..... ya gots to bank it
Old 12-07-2007, 09:48 PM

im honestly sick of you guys at this point. first of all, i have met a few of the guys on the board already and have gone to some meets, so i think i can rock the banner if i want to. i didnt know i had to pass a physical inspection from you guys to be a part of this community... pretty ****ed up if you ask me.

second of all, stop saying i dont have a concern towards safety and stop underestimating my driving.

if i would have said "i have all seasons on and have no problems driving in this weather" you all would have been like "oh yeah ok thats legit" and then none of this banter would have ever ensued. you just like to hold the "bald" tire comment against me. if my tires were inhibiting the control of my car to where i couldnt predict the outcome of the current situation, i would know it is time to get a new tire setup. THE FACT THAT I HAVE SHITTY STREET TIRES AND CAN DRIVE JUST AS WELL AS ANY OF YOU WITH YOUR ALL SEASONS SHOUlD NOT DRIVE THE CONCLUSION "this kid is an irresponsible death machine running on the streets whom we all should avoid for fear of our lives. seriously, jusus christ. STFU.

i know different road conditions and how they effect the cars handling. i can "spin out" as you like to call it in dry weather as well, which takes much more control and precision. by the way, i call it drifting... i dont count a ****ing donut or two as a good slide. ricers do donuts.

seriously... you said your miata has 110hp... you are just being pretty damn arrogant if you think youd eat me for lunch in that. granted miatas are light as shit and corner like beasts.... i could probably understeer every turn and still beat you. and i rarely to never understeer... once again. i can drive.

im not making your insurances go up, i have never been the cause of a single accident in my life. whys that? cuz i can ****ing drive.

this is honestly the most hostile forum i have ever been to (next to the nissan ricers). you dont know me, you have no place to make any assumptions about me and especially not to assert them like they are fact.

sick of it. im on here to relax and have some fun when i get off work, not to try to justify myself as a legitimate human being, driver, or anything of the sort.

so honestly, id like to give a few of you a big middle finger.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Green_IS_Gold,Dec 7 2007, 10:48 PM
seriously... you said your miata has 110hp... you are just being pretty damn arrogant if you think youd eat me for lunch in that. granted miatas are light as shit and corner like beasts.... i could probably understeer every turn and still beat you. and i rarely to never understeer... once again. i can drive.

this is honestly the most hostile forum i have ever been to (next to the nissan ricers). you dont know me, you have no place to make any assumptions about me and especially not to assert them like they are fact.

so honestly, id like to give a few of you a big middle finger.
Dude, it's time to stop with the "probably". Basically, you aren't going to get any respect in this crowd for your driving until you post up some lap times. Lots of people think they are good drivers. Few of them are.

This forum isn't very hostile, but you handled things all wrong. That's not impossible to overcome, but it's up to you whether you want to try or not.

As to the middle finger, that's a tradition around here. It's sort of the PacNW regional salute.

Quick Reply: S2000 as a daily driver in the Seattle area