Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

S2000 as a daily driver in the Seattle area

Old 12-11-2007, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=124Spider,Dec 11 2007, 09:57 AM]It's not the meat, it's the motion.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:22 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by bahula03,Dec 11 2007, 09:42 AM
might we say...ESO?
For sure. Or in that case, OOSM.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:22 AM

^^ what does that have to do with pleasuring your partner?!?!?

bwahaha. how do you know i dont got any motion?

chicka'bow'wow'chicka'chicka'bow'wooooooooooow.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:27 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by Green_IS_Gold,Dec 11 2007, 12:02 PM
^^ gross. i understand you all have more track experience than me. in fact i already said that earlier. i understand how to take a corner and how to take the best lines without having to brake as much. i would love to track this car. sucks that i can't. i have no doubt that you all could drive better than me, but witha car almost twice the HP as a miata and the handling that the s2k possesses right of th ebat, im fairly sure i could do just fine.

thats not even what im trying to defend here. if you actually did pwn me in a miata, i would give you props for some great driving. i just dont think im as inexperienced as you all think.
Did you not read the part about the 130* HP MR-2 spider lapping faster than multiple 405 HP Z06s and 410 HP 911 Turbos, all driven by guys who regularly attend HPDEs and know how to take corners and take the best lines? Knowing may be half the battle, but being able to execute what you know is surprisingly difficult at high speeds.

Curious - what experience do you have?

* Actually 138.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly,Dec 11 2007, 12:27 PM
Did you not read the part about the 130* HP MR-2 spider lapping faster than multiple 405 HP Z06s and 410 HP 911 Turbos, all driven by guys who regularly attend HPDEs and know how to take corners and take the best lines? Knowing may be half the battle, but being able to execute what you know is surprisingly difficult at high speeds.

Curious - what experience do you have?

* Actually 138.
no, i actually did. "dont you know a sarcasm when you hear it?" -charlie brown.

i havent drivin at any event, but i have been to a handful of them and it really does help get a feel for how you should be driving by watching entry speeds, angles, and lines.

plus, my ricetastic drifting in your eyes helps not only to learn how to drift, but it teaches you a great deal about the rest of the car and how it reacts under different circumstances and helps you learn to correct under/oversteer more quickly. you may not think it, but i have become a much better driver because of it.

ps: so you dont sh**T another brick all over this thread.... i do all of this on backroads in the farm country with no potential danger to anyone aside from me or my car, and even then im safe because i managed to find a very nice wide sweeping corner with no ditches or rails on the sides.

actually, the lack of open track days and places to go in general is something i have been thinking about a lot. it might be a career for me one day. hopefully all you ricers could come drive my track if i ever get the means to open one one day..
Old 12-11-2007, 11:40 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Green_IS_Gold,Dec 11 2007, 12:36 PM
actually, the lack of open track days and places to go in general is something i have been thinking about a lot. it might be a career for me one day. hopefully all you ricers could come drive my track if i ever get the means to open one one day..
There's one going up for public auction in Spokane.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:46 AM

^^ lol. right now my max bid would be a grand.

especially in this area though. spokane is too far east. i want to open a track around here that is open almost every day rain or shine, with ample free track days for newcomers to come and get a feel for driving the course/etc. it would be like a circuit almost.

i would even add a drifting area similar to the tracks they have in japan for drifting.

i think there is enough demand by our culture for such a thing.... i wish i could get that started.... i have no idea how though.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:55 AM

Well, for starters, you'll never get insurance for true "open" track days. Without standards (e.g., having a racing license from a recognized sanctioning body; running a well-regulated high performance driver education event), you'll never get insurance.

And you'll never, ever get zoning approval for building a track within hailing distance of King County, which is why we hope so very much that Pacific Raceways (as feeble as it is in many ways) manages to hold on.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:00 PM

lame.... why is that??? aside from that WA is full of snobbys... it took them ten years to finally get a skatepark here.... they had the funds all along. they just couldnt get past it because it was too close to the daycare and they didnt want punk drugsters blasting our music and disturbing the peace.... it was rediculous.... i even went to a city council meeting with all my friends to help innitiate the project over 4 years ago. they said they would have it dont by that summer.... it just finished within this last year.....

people are so lame.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:09 PM

Well, to get back to the unpleasant subject of all our banter, insurance won't be available for open track days, because they'd be far, far too dangerous. All those people out there bombing around a track at high speeds, most of whom would have no idea what they're doing (and in cars not properly prepared for it), would be very dangerous. Lots of wrecked cars and injured/dead people. Lots of lawsuits. No insurance.

And as to zoning, it's hard enough keeping a facility like Pacific Raceways in business, even though it existed there long before any of the current residents. There's no way any area with population will allow a racetrack, with its noise, pollution and traffic, to be built. Regardless of commercial considerations, local opposition would win.

Quick Reply: S2000 as a daily driver in the Seattle area