Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

S2000 as a daily driver in the Seattle area

Old 12-11-2007, 08:21 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 12-11-2007, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have entirely too much free time, to get that done three pages in a row!
Old 12-11-2007, 08:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=WestSideBilly,Dec 11 2007, 09:59 AM] I thought the same thing when I was 18.

Then I met some people who actually know what they were doing.

Odds are you can't drive nearly as well as you think you can.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:39 AM

Received 805 Likes on 716 Posts

Yeah, I was feeling pretty down after getting lapped by the MR-2... then the next session, I saw him pass a 911 Turbo and didn't feel quite as bad. Skill trumps equipment every time, though.
Old 12-11-2007, 08:42 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

might we say...ESO?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:55 AM

My reality check came when I started racing this year. I had long been one of the fastest guys at Don's track schools, and thought I could drive.

I did fine in my novice races (where, it turns out, most haven't yet learned to drive), which only reinforced my fiction that "I can drive."

Then I did my first real race, with real racers. And the better Spec Miata guys were lapping me. In a half hour race.

So, I learned that, at that point, I really didn't know how to drive. This summer, I improved my lap times at Portland by 6 seconds (but I'd never driven Portland before this summer), and improved my times at PR (a track I'd driven hundreds and hundreds of laps on) by over 3 seconds.

And I'm still 3 seconds a lap slower than the best SM racers (but at least they don't lap me any more); some of this is equipment, but half or more of it is still driving skill (and some of what is "equipment" is knowledge /skill with setup). I now know that I'm just good enough that I can say with a straight face that I'm learning to drive. But I can't really say, "I can drive."

But it is fun to go to the occasional lapping day, where everyone thinks they can drive, and see their reaction when they finally realize that the only time this 110hp Miata is getting off their a$$ is when they let it by.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly,Dec 11 2007, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I was feeling pretty down after getting lapped by the MR-2... then the next session, I saw him pass a 911 Turbo and didn't feel quite as bad. Skill trumps equipment every time, though.
So you are saying size does not matter?
Old 12-11-2007, 08:57 AM

It's not the meat, it's the motion. It takes time to learn that, though.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:02 AM

^^ gross. i understand you all have more track experience than me. in fact i already said that earlier. i understand how to take a corner and how to take the best lines without having to brake as much. i would love to track this car. sucks that i can't. i have no doubt that you all could drive better than me, but witha car almost twice the HP as a miata and the handling that the s2k possesses right of th ebat, im fairly sure i could do just fine.

thats not even what im trying to defend here. if you actually did pwn me in a miata, i would give you props for some great driving. i just dont think im as inexperienced as you all think.

hahah. john, you are such a douche. i got banned from team integra a while ago for posting pictures of my friends 240sx in a photoshoot we did together. i talked to the site owner steve and got it straightened out. i didnt get banned because i was a ricehat. like john. just a mod on a bad day going power hungry.

this thread is useless to the OP anyways. it needs a delete or a lock.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by lig,Dec 10 2007, 10:22 PM
has got to be bonnie reincarnated...
yes youre right. im an illegal member of the forums posing as a guy when im actually a girl. you caught me.

and whoever had the drifting comment taken from the other thread... how does that mean i am trying to be a badass gunslinging western type sheriff (since i already decided thats the only kind of sheriff i can get into)
i was just saying since you said drifting is for pu$$ys, that neither of those two cars could hand with any legitimate drifting cars/drivers.

you guys are just starving for drama. its so sad. save that for myspace. i dont have one of those so i will never need to hear your shit then.

im on here for the same reasons most people are, which is not to have a thread like this. its rediculous looking at the lack of respect from all of you towards me.

BALD TIRES TILL I DIE!!! which according to some of you is guranteed to happen real soon!! yay!

Quick Reply: S2000 as a daily driver in the Seattle area