Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

referal to honda dealership with best price for an s2000

Old 03-16-2002, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bruce jarrard
Hinshaws Honda (Tim Lasso) was excellent in the recent purchase of my 02. Give him a call; no guarantees on price but mention my name and see what happens.
hey bruce,

i just called hinshaws and asked for tim and the sales guy said that tim is the sales manager, and if i talked to him, all he would do is refer me back to a sales associate. did you purchase your s2000 from tim directly or from a sales associate? well, seems like you're well known down at that dealership, i said your name and the guy was like, oh i know him! hopefully your name can save me some money, and maybe even make you some for a referal.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:31 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by L300Boy
Dont you pay the same in canada as you do in the US, if you take in account the currency conversion?
We pay pretty close to the same amount based on MSRP (even though it looks like a hideous amount in CDN dollars). The difference seems to be that some of the Canadian dealerships are willing to bargain quite heavily. I got my car for about CDN $3000 below MSRP and it was delivered in about a week. Another recent Vancouver buyer had some accessories thrown in worth a little more than a $1000, he only paid MSRP. The dealership that I purchased from had three new models sitting in storage or in the showroom and they were definitely looking for buyers.

It seems as though you guys (and gals) in the States can also find the same sort of deals...You just seem to have to look harder.

I'm not sure, but I think the only difference is that Canadian law requires daytime running lights to come on automatically. Is this the same with the US Model???
Old 03-16-2002, 10:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Daytime running lights is not a requirement of the US Spec cars.
Old 03-17-2002, 10:57 PM

weee.. nothing like the deep amber glow of your brights on all the time.
Old 03-18-2002, 08:30 AM

mwy23;

i have left tim lasso (general sales mgr) of hinshaws a vm (he's off today) and told him a guy from lynwood is INTERESTED in an 02 purchase. i had a connection through a friend that linked me to tim and he's (like all dealers) protective of his markup, etc.

tim should be back in the office tue 19 mar.; call him and see if he's responded to my vm.

regards
bruce
Old 03-20-2002, 01:06 PM

hey guys...

considering that its SNOWING here in the great seattle area, you think dealers would be willing to give me a slight break on the price of a MY2002 s2000? any input and thought upon this? i'll be heading to lynwood honda tonite and try and strike up a deal. tomorrow morning its off to hinshaw's...thanks bruce for your words...and then later that afternoon, off to bellevue...thanks WRX2K...

any input from anyone on this?

hopefully mother nature will keep this wintery weather around for a bit longer...just long enough so that the weather might convince some sales managers that cheaper is better...
Old 03-20-2002, 01:27 PM

If you buy the car tonight, how are you going to get it home?
Old 03-20-2002, 01:45 PM

haha...well i guess i'd get stuck in the snow...good thing the snow isn't sticking tho...

oh, and i can only go into these dealerships and place deposits on the next shipment of s2000's. i know hinshaw's is going to have a couple within the next couple of weeks. same with lynnwood. but i was planning to pre-perchase and then take delivery once the cars do come in.

sorry if i sounded insensative about wanting it to snow longer...i know everyone that has an s2000 is wishing for the weather to be nice so everyone can drop their top and drive around on nice and dry pavement...

drive safe everyone.
Old 03-20-2002, 03:01 PM

Heh, i wouldnt go north .. its starting to stick up there and a little bit here in bellevue. Lots of slushly crap is jamming up 405 (as usual).

What colors does hinshaw have coming in? Are they already taken?
Old 03-20-2002, 03:07 PM

Microsoft campus has 2-3 inches of SNOW in some areas. The roads are basically an inch of slush. Guess I get some free throttle steering practice tonight...

Quick Reply: referal to honda dealership with best price for an s2000