Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

referal to honda dealership with best price for an s2000

Old 03-13-2002, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default referal to honda dealership with best price for an s2000

hello s2000 enthusiasts...

i'm currently in the market to purchase a new MY2002 s2000 and would like any referals to any particular dealerships in the seattle area. i've called all them, seattle, bellevue, kirkland, lynnwood, renton, and sims honda, but none of them seem to have an s2000 currently in stock. also, the price they quoted me on for an s2000 is currently $5000 over MSRP or higher ($7000 over from honda of seattle).

i'd like to pay MSRP or lower, if possible. i'd also be very interested in the hardtop as well.

i haven't called klein honda because i've heard that they're not too friendly with customers (ie management won't budge on any prices)

i'm looking to buy one as soon as a silver one becomes avaliable. so if anyone has advice as to where i should purchase this car from, please tell me.

thanks for any advice and all help is greatly appreciated. thanks for your time guys!!!

mike
Old 03-13-2002, 10:06 PM
TMS

Mike,
I'm sorry to bring bad news, but the time to get a deal on ANY limited production roadster in the Pacific Northwest is fall, not spring! I found Hinshaw's easier to deal with than Bellevue or Renton on my S2K. Don't expect the best deals from the highest volume dealers in the metro areas.
Old 03-13-2002, 10:26 PM

dunno if u wanna buy one from vancouver.

my dads a sales, and he can get u at msrp.

phil1019@shaw.ca
Old 03-14-2002, 12:22 AM

TMS...yeah, i was trying to jump on an s2000 a couple of months ago, but my car got jacked and then things went downhill from there...now i'm ready to go tho. so hopefully i can find a deal...

S2K01...thanks for the offer, i don't know if the canadian s2000's are totally in km and have small mph gages...but if the price is right, i'll buy the car from russia if i need to.

thanks for the input guys...
Old 03-14-2002, 07:19 AM

Hinshaws Honda (Tim Lasso) was excellent in the recent purchase of my 02. Give him a call; no guarantees on price but mention my name and see what happens.

Regards
Bruce
Old 03-14-2002, 08:46 AM

thanks bruce jarrard...i'll call him up today and see what happens! how much did you get your s2000 for? did you get the hardtop at the dealer or did you order it from handa accessories???
Old 03-14-2002, 10:09 AM

I tried to post this last night, but i got some sort of SQL error .. grr.

Anyway, Hinsaws is the only dealer that I found around here that was willing to offer MSRP right off the bat. I am still looking around, but I might end up going back. And what ever you do, dont take MY black on silver

You cant really use the phone when you shop around. A lot of dealers will just inflate prices like crazy, and you really have to go in to get a realistic starting price to work down from. One guy wanted $35k for a used 2001, and he wouldnt even let me come in and test drive it. This is very common. Some want to do credit checks before they even deal with you, its really funny. I guess they get a lot of lookie-loo kids or something?

Renton had my silver/black in the showroom, and i got a nice little speech on how its good to pay over MSRP It was on "sale" for just 1K *over* MSRP, and it would later go up to 4k over or something (?). Yea sure. Finally, after i couldnt get him to budge, he finally said "..because i just can (sell it for whatever i want)." I walked out of there as soon as i got my trade-in numbers (tee hee hee). He was also bragging about how even Honda Civics sell at a premium there too ...

Anyway, this is becoming quite a bit of a hobby in itself. Every time i have time to go out, its raining like crazy. One of these days ill actually get to test drive the damn car Im not going to do it in the rain. But, anyway, i know ill like it. I guess its good because im still practicing on the truck (a stick). Im sure they wont like me grinding all the gears

Hit the board as you progress.
Old 03-14-2002, 12:12 PM

mwy23;

I promised Hinshaws (Tim Lasso) that I would not quote my sales price. Tell him you are a buyer and not a looker.... Commitment to purchase and money talks.

Regards
Bruce
Old 03-14-2002, 12:35 PM

Fife Honda ..
is the only one that i know of that sold S2000's at MSRP.
a friend got one.

But Lynnwood Honda is the only place I would have my car worked on.
How much is that worth

Happy shopping
Old 03-14-2002, 01:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I got my suzuka bue (2002) for under MSRP(Carter Honda). Unfortunately it was in Vancouver, Canada. I'm not sure what the rules are with respect to bringing the car across the border. With our crappy cdn $, it would be a great deal for you guys in the states.

Quick Reply: referal to honda dealership with best price for an s2000