Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Possible Supercharger for sale

Old 10-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts
Default Possible Supercharger for sale

Im considering going back to NA, after engine 5 and a budget too thin to continue to repeat my bad fortune, i'm considering selling the kit to fund another low mile motor, or rebuild my last built engine and just run the car NA indefinitely. Id like to track the car regularly as well, and I just cant afford to build and maintain it to the level it needs in FI form for that environment, even though that was my original goal and would be much more fun a car for me at that capacity. Anyway, my sob story aside, Ive got an older comptech kit ive run for years, but last year upgraded the blower to the new bigger NV1200 with the corresponding adapter plate from SOS. The kit puts down a considerable more amount of thrust over the old NV1000 (450whp+ capable). The Comptech kit portion is well used, not sure of exact mileage but over 100k, and the new blower which is the most important part has very low miles, aprox 2k. The kit is sound, everything works reliably, but it’s not a base kit, meaning it requires an EMS and injectors (I do have injectors) and probably should have an upgraded after cooler rather then the daisy chained small twins currently in the kit, if you plan to track it.

Id like to keep the potential sale local which is why im posting this interest thread, but am willing to ship if need be. If you’re interested in the kit or have any questions and want to go over more details of the kit, you can post in this thread or feel free to PM me too. Kit is still on the car, and will consider removal if I have serious interest/buyer lined up. Thanks
Old 10-07-2014, 02:04 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

If I decide to put the kit up for sale, I will post it in the FS forum with all the details. In the meantime id like to gauge interest on the main page where all the club activity is. If there is little to no interest, I may reconsider my efforts elsewhere. Thank you.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tempted, of course, but I don't drive the car enough to justify the expenditure.... I think. Depends on price and/or payment plan options

I can probably run the kit with a bigger pulley for less boost and keep the block stock, yes? (while upgrading your daisy chained heat exchanger).
Old 10-07-2014, 05:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Pm'ed sir
Old 10-07-2014, 05:44 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

We could discuss price if it gets to that point, payment plans aren't a real enticing point though lol as far as what you would be getting with the new blower, it would be priced very well to the buyer.

Yes thats correct, a bigger pulley yielding less boost is absolutely possible for a stock block. Pulleys for the blower cost $100 new, but I always check the classifieds first just incase the size I want pops up, people are always changing these, upgrading etc. Used can be had for $50-70. They don't wear out.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So what is your asking price? Very interested if it's my price range
Old 10-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by Dravens08S2k
So what is your asking price? Very interested if it's my price range
sent you a pm.

I'm reluctant to post a price here or im going to need to provide a full blown FS thread and move it. This thread is to gauge interest. But if there is any serious interest, I encourage anyone to pm me for those details and pics and make arrangements with me to come out and take a look at the kit installed and working on the car. I'd like to give the interested buyer the opportunity to really wrap their head around what they are getting, its the benefit of staying local. I also care about my reputation here obviously being a CO, but also just being a good person to deal with is important to me, so meeting with you to go over the details of the kit I think will go a long way towards our happiness with the exchange. I'm also very knowledgeable with regards to the set up, and am happy to help answer any install questions or general tips before/ after the purchase.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Junky, Glad to hear you're planning to focus on track days. To everyone, come out and play with us in NASA and/or Turn 2. If I can help get you started let me know.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:23 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by MSRS2K
Junky, Glad to hear you're planning to focus on track days. To everyone, come out and play with us in NASA and/or Turn 2. If I can help get you started let me know.
It’s always been my intent for the car, I enjoy the experience when I have gone, but I always seem to fall short on reliability and my pocket book to be able to have any sort of consistency. So I guess the last round of failure was the straw that broke the camels back for me, and am willing to downgrade the car, remove the charger and just keep the car NA indefinitely so I can have a chance to catch up sort of speak.

Selling this kit goes to a replacement motor fellas, or rebuilding my current sleeved block and getting me back on the road, so keep that in mind when you make me an offer on the kit I am looking out for any low mile F22’s that may be out there, sub 50k miles would be great, just to put the word out.
Old 10-15-2014, 10:33 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Congrats on the SC CJ! You are going to enjoy it

I should be able to start removing this weekend. Its bitter sweet, but its the right thing for me to do at this point in time to get back up running. Tired of my pattern of being on one season and off the next.

Quick Reply: Possible Supercharger for sale