Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Pointers on Seattle area dealers?

Old 07-24-2001, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pointers on Seattle area dealers?

I live in the Seattle area and am looking to lease a new Honda S2000 (purchase cost just too high right now). I am looking for feedback on your experiences at the different dealers- Honda of Seattle, Bellevue Honda etc.

- Which had the best prices?
- Which had the best salespeople/finance/etc.
- How much did you pay (if you don't mind my asking)...
- Any gotchas to avoid?

Much appreciated. I look forward to joining all of you on the road!

Old 07-24-2001, 11:06 PM

I can hook you up with a couple of good sales guys at one of the local dealerships on the Eastside. They won't BS with people I refer because they know I don't understand sales BS so they know people I refer don't understand sales BS either.

In the meantime, you might want to call everybody around to see what they have. And if they have the particular color you want, make sure you put yourself in a situation where you can tell the sales guy that you will come down that very minute to buy the car.

Good luck.
Old 07-25-2001, 11:28 AM

Yeah, you probably won't get a serious answer until they know you're reasonably serious about the car. But I wouldn't pay a cent over msrp or take any forced options. Haven't heard of anyone paying under msrp so I'm curious if anyone's been able to do that. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't try.
Old 07-25-2001, 06:19 PM

Not sure on a lease, but I bought my s2000 on the internet, just emailed all the dealers Salem Oregon to Seattle and closed the deal at 9pm that night 200 over MSP.
Was very easy and never saw a salesman, until I picked it up 9 months ago,when I went to dealers they had the prices 1500 and more above above MSP, I may not have gotten the best price, but never put up with the sales crap :-D
Happy camper
Old 07-26-2001, 10:29 AM

Honda dealership in Yakima has a incoming '01 red that can be had for MSRP without too much wheeling and dealing. Talk to the internet sales guy. I'm not sure what they would do on a lease.
Old 07-26-2001, 12:27 PM

I bought mine using Carpoint.msn.com, got a quote from Honda of Seattle, for MSRP back in February. I went in a few days later, they didn't have the color I wanted, so they traded the car for me and I had it four hours later - for MSRP. I was happy.
Old 07-26-2001, 09:40 PM

Well, I spoke to a few dealers and I'm being quoted a minimum of $3000 over SRP. For some reason I expected Honda dealers to be more reasonable. Any tips on finesse during negotiations?
Old 07-27-2001, 09:49 AM

Ask for a quote over the internet. It CAN'T hurt. When I walked into Honda of Seattle the car was marked $6K over MSRP.... I got a quote for MSRP. They told me to ignore the price....

http://carpoint.msn.com/newcar/ncbs1x.asp?...Home&nMakeID=30

-rc
Old 07-27-2001, 10:47 AM

Yep, get a quote from the internet using carpoint or some other service. Usually if the normal salespeople aren't involved, you should be able to get a decent price without lengthy negotiation.
Old 07-27-2001, 11:22 AM

Looks like I may be out of luck. They're taking last shipments for the Summer right now, and "due to demand" they're way over-charging over MSRP- even on Internet pricing.

I'll probably stop in to a few and try to get them down but I'm bummed right now.

Quick Reply: Pointers on Seattle area dealers?