Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Please keep an eye out for my stolen hardtop!

Old 03-17-2014, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wowow this is nuts man. I hope things work out. Did the bleach dye the seats and carpet?
Old 03-17-2014, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's fcuked up Not much else to say

Work with your insurance so it doesn't get totalled. At least they didn't take the seats <--- that happened to me

Would steaming(?) clean the bleach off the seats?

Get used windows?

As for the hardtop; the last one we had to order came in pieces - I'm guessing you already know about that.

Hold on to the car! Not just because it's the CR, but because you driving it!

Good point on this:

The only reason I can think that someone would dump two gallons of bleach in the car is to total it and maybe try to get it at auction.

It's a good chance that's why.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:11 PM

The bleach could have been to cover up any finger prints left behind, or anything left behind.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Go2

Seriously? Like many other members here, Kieran would go out of his way to help any s2ker, and this is how good guys get treated? f@#k thieves!
Old 03-17-2014, 07:55 PM

Dang Kieran, sorry to hear this bro, I will keep an eye out.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 355 Likes on 308 Posts

The thing that really sucks is the cr seats aren't leather. They are that cloth material so it probably messed up the colors pretty bad. Not to mention the yellow middle part. Ugh things like this make me sick. I still think you could push the insurance to not total. The interior is replaceable and it's much cheaper than replacing the entire seats. The hardtop will be tough. New from the dealer it is incredibly expensive. All these parts are still available and the cr will have a very high value to it will take a bit to exceed that.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:03 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Alcantara to be exact, the name of the material itself already holds a lot of value. If the cost of stock AP1 seats are really what I've heard (I haven't checked myself), I couldn't imagine how much CR seats would cost brand new.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I priced out the CR seats online, assuming both the fabric and the padding needs to be replaced... $4,300 is the MSRP. Both windows together are $520. The carpet is another $770 for both sides.

Pricing out the OEM hardtop in pieces:

the panel alone: $3,110. Rear glass: $735. Another ~$750 for the OEM hardware and misc pieces...

So all in all, before any discounts or labor, looking at $10,185.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:55 AM

Man that is so freaking horrible. I know that ache in the pit of your stomach when you walk over and see it. My hardtop and tonue (sp) cover were stolen two years ago. They also did damage to the paint. They did not steal my seats. But after replacing the hard top, tonue cover and the paint damage the bill was $15,000 +/-. Can't imagine the cost if the seats had been stolen. I seriously hope its not totaled, but it will be close with the seats :-(

Don't lose heart my friend! This too shall pass :-)
Old 03-18-2014, 08:21 AM

Thanks again for the support I’ll keep all you guys posted. Luckily it does look like parts are still available but as some members noted above they are extremely expensive so I’m preparing to do battle with the insurance company & the only thing I have on my side is that the insurance company doesn’t have a large pool of used CR parts to draw from so they can’t really recommend used parts. I spent about and hour wiping as much bleach off the interior as I could and then on the way to the dealership I turned on my heater (since I had no top) and a bunch more bleach spit out of the vents. These assholes are out there somewhere so keep all you cars safe guys.

Quick Reply: Please keep an eye out for my stolen hardtop!