Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Please keep an eye out for my stolen hardtop!

Old 03-17-2014, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please keep an eye out for my stolen hardtop!

Hello Guys and Gals,

So I returned home from work Saturday at 6:00pm to find that thieves had stolen my hardtop. In the process they also broke both front windows, did fairly heavy cosmetic damage to the exterior and interior and dumped a gallon of bleach all over my seats and door panels. This is pretty heartbreaking to say the least as they might as well have taken a dump on my shift knob while they were at it. If anyone sees a Rio Yellow hardtop for sale please let me know. It has or had a Museum of Flight membership sticker on the upper driver’s side of the rear glass. It also has several distinctive scratches on the roof paint from where I bumped it when I use to take it off myself and another on the interior roof panel. This happened at a busy apartment complex in front of a high traffic street in the middle of the day so please look out for you own cars. I don’t really have any enemies so I’m guessing they dumped the bleach because they where pissed they didn’t have enough time to steal the seats. I’m hoping this doesn’t total my CR but it might. I have pictures but at the moment they are too painful to post.

Thanks,

Kieran Culkin
Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Jesus man, so sorry to hear of this! It blows my mind what some people are capable of doing to someone else’s pride and joy. We will all be on the lookout for the hardtop. Take care Kieran and keep us posted on how things transpire moving forward. Hope insurance will take care of you and in a timely manner. Again sorry for your situation here.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

goddamnit.

Hope insurance doesn't total the car, but seats + hardtop + carpet.... its gonna be close.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:19 AM
Site Moderator
Super Moderator

Received 355 Likes on 308 Posts

Just sent you a PM. Not sure if it may help but maybe. That really sucks because the CR interior is very expensive to replace. The good thing for insurance is the CR should be valued very high. This is exactly why my car is in a garage at all times. I would strongly suggest renting a garage or moving to a place where the car is not sitting outside.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the support guys I appreciate it. I just did my best to clean as much bleach outta my interior as possible since I almost passed out driving it to a safe storage location and now Im at work smelling like a meth addict. Im dropping it off at a repair shop tonight. Ill keep you guys posted but im fairly sure all the damage is gonna total it but we will see. The only reason I can think that someone would dump two gallons of bleach in the car is to total it and maybe try to get it at auction.
Old 03-17-2014, 01:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Geez, sorry about your car. Few months ago, my trunk of my S was vandalized, so I do feel your pain to a lesser degree.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jesus man. That's just some jacked up shite. Individuals like the one who did that didn't get enough love from their parents or something. I hope you find the guy, and best of luck not getting it totaled.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:48 PM

wtf is with the bleach? just to f@#k you over? when they get caught we should get to remove their balls....just to f@#k them over too.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:51 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

WTF is wrong with people? The perps should just be tortured and killed. This is ridiculous.

Very sorry to hear. Will definitely keep an eye out for the HT.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:53 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, this is the kind of stuff that disappoints me. Like Spets said, the value is going to be very close. I wish you luck!

Quick Reply: Please keep an eye out for my stolen hardtop!